Breakfast for Dinner

by in Recipes, September 30th, 2011

Skip the boring bowls of pasta, grilled chicken and delivery pizza. For dinner tonight, serve up a switcheroo in the form of eggs, bacon, hash, French toast and sweet maple syrup. Our quick and easy menu below is full of classic and creative takes on what is the most important meal of the day, no matter what time of the day you eat it.

Simple yet hearty, Food Network Magazine’s Corned Beef Hash (pictured above) is a meal in and of itself. Sautee corned beef, fresh veggies and potatoes until brown and crisp, and top with cheese and a silky fried egg for dinner in less than 45 minutes.

Food 2’s easy Fresh Thyme and Vegetable Frittata incorporates fresh broccoli and squash, creamy Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, chewy sun-dried tomatoes and delicate herbs. Serve along with toasted baguette slices slathered with butter for a satisfying supper.

Looking for something sweet to balance all of that savory goodness? Try a Cinnamon French Toast Bake from Food.com.  Pour whisked eggs, half-and-half, butter and syrup over sugary cinnamon-swirl bread for a decadent make-ahead, one-pan meal.

Just in case you’re not ready to completely abandon your old dinner standbys, Kelsey Nixon from Cooking Channel has a burger — the Breakfast Burger (pictured above) — that is just for you. With a sausage patty as the meat, an English muffin for the bun and eggs, bacon and spicy ketchup as toppings, this eat-with-your hands meal transitions perfectly from breakfast to dinner.

Find more breakfast solutions at Food Network.

Grilled Cheese-Stuffed Chile Tacos — Meatless Monday

Who says you can’t have your very own fall fiesta on a Monday? If you’re in a jovial mood and want to spice up your meal for a flavorful s...

1. Robinm Smillie says:

Breakfast for dinner is even better than breakfast for breakfast! These ideas look fantastic Maria. I can't wait to try some of these yummy suggestions. I love the Food Network and their blogs. Thanks for the great ideas!

2. "Burger" Queen says:

My kid's favorite meal is breakfast for dinner…
    Great ideas Maria. I am going to serve up Breakfast Burgers tonight!
    Keep the blogs coming. Our family loves to eat good food and we appreciate your help!

3. andrea says:

At the end of the week it's tough to figure out any menu item that is innovative, easy and enticing to my entire crew. I love the idea of a twist on the "normal" dinner menu. Who wouldn't love a breakfast burger for dinner!?! The best part is that it's a total switch from the norm! I think my kids are going to love this! This Food Network blog is awesome! I feel so much better when I can feed my family something home cooked rather than grab a pizza or take-out dinner! Awesome!

4. pat says:

i Love breakfast at dinner-your reciepe looks yummy and corned beef hash is one of my favorites-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

5. Jill says:

Can't wait to try the Cinnamon French Toast Bake. Thanks for the great ideas, Maria!

6. Eileen says:

I love breakfast for dinner: western omlete, fried potatoes, bacon bacon more bacon, maybe some grits, or biscuts and gravy top it off with a big glass of oj.

7. Catherine says:

Breakfast food is by far my favorite food ever and having breakfast for dinner makes my day. I love these recipes and I can't wait to try them out! I really love the breakfast burger too! Delicious!

8. If the purpose of leaving a comment — no matter how robust and informative — is to obtain a link, then the purpose of the comment is to spam the blog. If the purpose of the comment is to participate in the discussion and the link doesn’t matter, then it’s a good blog comment.

9. I was reading some of your posts on this internet site and I conceive this site is very informative! Continue posting.

10. A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you need to write more about this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people don’t speak about such subjects. To the next! Many thanks!!