Every year, state fairs across the nation invent deep-fried monstrosities in an attempt to be the best (and wackiest) in the land. During the 2010 state and country fair season, Texas took it to the next level with deep-fried beer. Check out several of this year’s top fried foods from Huffington Post Food:
1. Fried Ice Cream Burger – Florida State Fair
Lettuce, tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried ice cream. OK, it isn’t really French fried, but the ice cream is battered in cornflakes and submerged in a vat of simmering oil.
2. Breakfast Lollipop – Minnesota State Fair
Start your day with a fried breakfast sausage on a stick. Covered in corn muffin batter and slathered in maple syrup, this breakfast can help you clog your arteries before 10 a.m.
3. Deep-Fried Salsa – Texas State Fair
Feast on jalapenos, onion, roasted garlic, tomato and pepper all mashed together, dipped in masa, coated in shards of tortilla chips and, of course, deep-fried. As if that isn’t enough, you get a dainty side of queso dip.
Continue reading for the Top 10 New Foods at The 2011 State Fairs
- Bobby and Michael Turned the Big Apple Into One Big Backyard BBQ at the New York City Wine & Food Festival
- Food and Theater Take Center Stage at Broadway Tastes with Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka
- The Stars Came Out and Gloves Came Off at Guy’s Food Fight
- Midnight in Harlem: Breakfast and Jazz with Patti LaBelle