August’s Top 10 Recipes

by in Recipes, September 2nd, 2011

august most popular recipes
Want to know what Food Network fans were cooking in August? From Guacamole to French Toast and sweet Buttercream Frosting, here are the top 10 recipes of the month:

10. Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
9. Paula’s Beef Stroganoff
8. Guacamole
7. Bobby’s Fish Tacos
6. Giada’s Chicken Piccata
5. Alton’s French Toast
4. Chicken Enchiladas
3. Alton’s Baked Macaroni and Cheese
2. Buttermilk Baked Chicken
1. Paula’s Peach Cobbler

Have you tried any of these recipes? We want to know — tell us in the comments or share your story on Facebook or Twitter.

Your Guide to Cooking the Fall Harvest

The first day of autumn is just days away, and whether you’re preparing to host weekend tailgates or you want to throw a fancy fall soiree, get ...

1. Cheff says:

The recipes are good and original

2. @JennGrace says:

you mean "dark chocolate as a snack" didn't make the list?! more original recipe ever on FN.com

3. YayoDAd says:

Yes, number one is peach cobbler. I sell this recipe at my restaurant. Bobby's fish tacos were awful because of puree salsa Ewww. Still have to try the rest.

4. Denny says:

Paula's Beef Stroganoff ??? Canned soup??? It's obvious she doesn't know how to cook anything but southern sweets. She screwed up on this Russian dish as well as her attempt to make Chinese and Mexican food last week; what a disaster. Grab a few pounds of butter, Paula, and stick to what you know!!

• Marlene says:

Way to go Denny. I agree with you, unless she is cooking with a whole lot of butter, she's not happy. Never do use her recipes. EVER!!! Marlene

5. Jan says:

I find it sad that folks seem to think since they are anonymous they can just insult people at will on the internet. Shame on you. If you don't like Paula Dean, then don't check her site or recipes and please keep it to yourself. Others don't particularly enjoy listening to your nitpicking.. Where is the kindness in this world? It is not that I would necessarily choose a recipe made by Paula, it is about kindness if you don't like her style. Or anyone elses for that matter. i just happened to notice these comments. Have seen many others and it bogles my mind that we have become such a cruel country, quick to criticize anything. What's happened to America????? Let's give our cooks and chefs some room folks. They would do it for you.

6. Denny says:

Jan, Oh how naive you are! Why do you think there are food critics or any type of critic for that matter whether it be food, piano or baseball. And why do you think these blogs are available to us? Do you think the judges on Next Food Network Star, including Paula were all patty-cake and non critical to the contestants? I would still be trying to play the trumpet if my music teacher didn't tell me I wasn't that good and maybe I should switch instruments. Maybe you shouldn't be reading the blogs!

7. bleepmydadsays says:

I've made the Peach Cobbler twice (once for guests), the Enchiladas I made once for company and I've made the Chicken Piccata a couple of times.

The Peach cobbler is so good! It's also really easy and quick. And the cobbler part is very spongy and yummy. My eyes were rolling into the back of my head.. Try to get sweet peaches preferably in season. When I made it with not so sweet peaches, they tasted more like canned peaches.

The enchiladas looked so professional and tasted just as good as they looked. It was fantastic for any Mexican food lover. The only downside is that they take a LOT of work. But the work pays off.

I love the chicken picatta. It's simple to make and a dish you'll probably go back to again and again after you've made it.

I definitely want to try Bobby's fidh tacos. They look really good and healthy.

8. Mauro Mingus says:

Hey I am looking to set your feed in my feed reader but for some good reason it comes up as a slip-up, what’s going on right here?