From New York to California, Korean barbecue to waffles, food trucks are taking the nation by storm as season 2 of The Great Food Truck Race kicks off tomorrow.
Food trucks across the country have established cult followings by harnessing social media and grass roots marketing. Now, you can get in on the action, too. All season long, follow Food Network’s Facebook and Twitter updates to learn how you can score a free lunch.
Here’s how it works: On Sunday night, immediately following each episode of The Great Food Truck Race, visit Food Network’s Facebook page to see which city and food truck will host a Friday lunch.
Throughout the rest of the week, be on the lookout for location clues posted on Twitter. On Friday at 11 a.m. local time, look for @FoodNetwork to Tweet out the final location. At noon, the first 100 people in line receive a free lunch on Food Network.
Free lunch recipients are encouraged to Tweet about what they think with the hashtag #foodtrucks, send Twitpics and tag photos on Food Network’s Facebook wall.
* Aug. 19: New York: Korilla BBQ: San Diego: Devilicious
* Aug. 26: Los Angeles: Sky’s Gourmet Tacos
* Sept. 3: Orange County, Calif.: Seabirds
* Sept. 9: Cleveland: Hodge Podge
* Sept. 16: Irvine, Calif.: The Lime Truck
* Sept. 23: Boston: Roxy’s Grilled Cheese
- What to Watch: Down Home Cooking on The Kitchen and Special Guest Alex Guarnaschelli on Food Network Star
- Guy Fieri and His Family Are Crisscrossing the Country on an Epic Family Road Trip
- What to Watch: The Perfect Burger on The Kitchen and Finalists Try to Beat Bobby Flay on Food Network Star
- What to Watch: A Family Showdown on Triple G and Guest Judge Tiffani Thiessen on Food Network Star