And the Food Network Star Fan Favorite Is…

by in Shows, August 22nd, 2011

food network star fan vote

Fans of Food Network Star can’t choose the winner, but they are the voice behind choosing a fan favorite. All season long, viewers voted for their favorite season 7 contestant as many as 10 times a day.

With over 400,000 votes, it’s no surprise that this year’s winner, Jeff Mauro, was also crowned our Sandwich King. Not far behind him with 360,000 votes was Orchid Paulmeier, who fans loved for priding herself on her Southern barbecue.

Tune in to Sandwich King: Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. Eastern/ 10:30 a.m. Central

Explore America’s Best-Ever Pizzas, BBQ, Breakfasts and Burgers on All-New Series

When you consider classic eats like pizza, barbecue, breakfast and burgers, there’s surely no shortage of restaurants at which to find them; fro...

1. mismax says:

We made Jeff''s sandwiches from Sunday's episode and loved them. True, it's a bit time consuming when you think of a sandwich in general terms of something you slap together, but it was absolutely delicious.

2. VJ Smith says:

I am thrilled that JEFF MAURO won. He has a fabulous personality and his concept is so interesting. I can't wait for him to do breakfast sandwiches. Absolutely LOVED the first show!

3. Annie says:

Watched Jeff's new show and LOVED IT! I'm so thrilled that he won! What fun~sandwiches! It's more than plunking meat on bread. Anybody can do that…but Jeff opened up a whole new world for our family! GO JEFF!!!

4. CLWright says:

I would to see the foodnetwork start a chopped for people that have not culinary skills other than cooking at home or may working in a a small mom and pop resturant.

5. Jay says:

What a joke Jeff Mauro won Food Network Star. To choose his boring sandwiches over Susie's interesting dishes, was an even bigger joke.
    Who in their right mind is going to keep tuning in to watch a food show on how to make a sandwich? With the amount of DD& Ds, Street food, etc, etc, already on FN, we can find sandwich ideas galore.

I have to agree with one of the PPs, the outcome of this show had to be fixed. It was made pretty clear the only reason Susie was eliminated, was the fact she was female & that she cooked Mexican food.

• mismax says:

To say she was eliminated because she was female and cooked Mexican food is an insult to her and every female or person with Mexican heritage.

I think Susie was great, but it was a close race and only one could win. I'm sure we will see her before too long with a show on cooking channel.

• Jay says:

Not said as an insult at all. Where do you get that stupid idea from? And by the way, what's wrong with Mexican food & Mexican people in your eyes? Only a person who has a dislike for Mexican people & food would make such a racist statement. It wouldn't have mattered what heritage Susie had, or how great she can cook as she would never win. It was plain as day before Jeff was announced the winner, that Susie was going to be left in the dust because she's a woman. The comment made by one of the "judges" regarding Jeff, that "the Guys will really like him" was proof of that. The show was fixed. The winner was chosen well before we saw the finale. Male Judges tend to favor men over women 90% of the time. If you've not figured that out by now, you've got a problem.

• mismax says:

I'm sorry we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. I really don't wish to argue with you or anyone.
          I would like to say that your comment that I am racist is truly without merit. My brother-in-law is Mexican which makes my neices and nephews at least half Mexican. His family is truly the sweetest, kindest group of people I have ever met and they have taught me a good deal about thier heritage and the foods they prepare. It's been a wonderful learning experience and I love them very much.
          Let me say again that I liked Susie and hope she gets a show on cooking channel.

• vic says:

the last two winners were ladys and there is a show called mexican made easy……you people take this stuff to serious REALLY!!!

• Ann says:

Exactly. It was pretty obvious that Jeff was going to win 2 shows from the final. There is a Mexican food show on tv, and not one about sandwiches. He had a novel idea that worked. I agree Susie should get some type of show, she was infectious, lovable and really could cook.

6. Cindy says:

I liked Jeff alot and am glad he will have a show, but I also want to see a "Momma's Boy" show with Vic. He would have such a unique show compared to anything else on FN.

7. FNFan says:

Not since Guy Fieri won Food Network Star have we been as excited about the FN winner. We watched Jeff's first show and thought he did a great job. Plus we really liked how the photography was done. This guy has real potential.

8. Phaedra says:

Demographics and TV ratings was what influenced the final pick. When I heard them say that "Guys will really like him" I new that Jeff would be the one chosen to move forward. He seems like a nice sincere guy although I found him talking at the top of his lungs during his first show to be a bit disconcerting. Wish him the best and hope it works out well for him.

9. Maggie says:

I'm glad Jeff won because I love sandwiches. I do have a problem with the competition though because the most talented chefs, like Whitney and Justin get booted. Isn't it really about how well they cook? The network is becoming more about entertainment than cooking though so maybe this view is in line with that goal.

10. FNFanatic says:

Jeff Mauro is wildly entertaining and his food is awesome. We just finished watching his latest episode – Loved It! He is comfortable in front of the camera, weaves in really good tips and comments about the food, and has some terrific stories that make the food come alive. Jeff is funny, makes us want to cook and clearly knows his stuff. What a great addition to the Food Network line-up. Food Network has struck gold with this year's Food Network Star!