FN Fan Bites: Inside Out With Alton Brown and Videos to Watch

by in Food Network Chef, August 1st, 2011

alton brown
Alton Brown will speak at Iowa’s Cedar Rapids Public Library on Friday, September 9, as a part of their Inside Out series, a new event designed to introduce the community to remarkable authors. Tickets will go on sale August 9 through the Theatre Cedar Rapids box office and a limited number of tickets will be sold to a pre-show cocktail reception with Alton.

Lisa Lillien, host of the hit series Hungry Girl, will be part of panel discussions led by LA Times Assistant Food Editor Rene Lynch during The Taste’s Picnic in the Hills in Beverly Hills on September 5. The Taste is a festival of food and wine, hosted by the LA Times and sponsored by Food & Wine magazine, and taking place Labor Day weekend in three locations: Downtown, Hollywood and Beverly Hills.

Videos to watch:

The Food Network Fans are constantly looking for info and sharing links on where we can find favorite stars, discuss favorite shows, visit a book signing, or see an appearance in other venues. We invite you to stop by and visit at FoodNetworkFans.com.

Post-Easter Guide to Using Up All Those Hard-Boiled Eggs

Easter is tomorrow, and for my family that means one thing: lots of hard-boiled eggs. We love to decorate them (see some of my fun ideas here), hunt f...

1. a twitterer says:

Alton deleted his Twitter account because of something someone tweeted to him. It's the 2nd time in a month he has has a hissy fit like this If you're going to be in the public eye, man up and deal with it. That's what he'd tell the NFNS isn't it?
    Why should I watch your show if you are 'too sensitive' to deal with your fans? You ain't all that. You are a TV personality on a cable network. WOW!!!

2. abel says:

Alton, why do you enjoy putting down people? Isn't it embarrassing to reach thousands of people on TV and not even have your own "knowledge" down?? like your comment on NFNS show when you told that lady that "all salt comes from the sea, and there is no salt is there is no sea" well according to hundreds of other sources you are "WRONG" salt can be found on rock salt depositories like the one in Grand Saline, Texas for example which is owned and operated by Morton Salt Company, and guess what Alton? NO SEA any place close to Van Zandt County, Texas. The thing that gets me is your arrogance towards others, even when you obviously have nothing to be arrogant about.

apII

• Wob Bilson says:

umm..geologically speaking, Alton is correct. Grand Saline is a part of the Great Salt Dome (there are salt domes in something like 25 states) and 65 million years ago it was a great inland sea, Sorta like the Gulf of Mexico–if it extended up to Canada. It's why there's dunes on the North Canadian River in Texas and Oklahoma and why the Great Plains are relatively flat. The thing about Alton, that I enjoy (slightly) more than hos cooking abilities is his applied science. What he said was far from arrogant–just correct.

3. Wob Bilson says:

I'd bet the 'hissy fit' (…is there a grownup that says this?) had to do with removing the Twitter account because of dealing with people that don't get what he's doing. If you don't, I'd suggest you stop watching. It reminds me of the saying: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." Wow!

4. shaun hovland says:

not so much a comment but a question ,,what the heck is the diffrence between whole pickling spice and pickiling spice ? is it as obvious as the names insue?

5. mismax says:

My husband and I started watching Alton when "Good Eats" first aired on FN in 1999. It was the only cooking show he would watch with me. Back then, we live in the Pacific Northwest and could not find the White Lily Flour he used on his biscuit episode. I wrote to him about it, and he was kind enough to write me back. I still have the correspondance, saving it as a keepsake. Btw, I now make great homemade biscuits.
    We are going to miss "Good Eats". We learned so much about the science of foods, plus it was very entertaining (love the yeast critters!). Although we have his books, it's just not the same as watching the show. We'll miss you, Alton.

6. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

7. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.

8. When I first saw this title FN Fan Bites: Inside Out With Alton Brown and Videos to Watch | FN Dish – Food Network Blog on google I just whent and bookmark it. Howdy. Very nice blog!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally…I am happy to find numerous helpful info right here in the post. Thank you for sharing..

9. you are my breathing in, I have few blogs and rarely run out from to post : (.