And Then There Were Three — Star Blog

by in Shows, August 12th, 2011

food network star final three
The season finale of Food Network Star is this Sunday and fans are certainly vocal about their favorite contestant over on the Star blog. This week, Jeff, Susie and Vic will face the judges one last time, but a surprise Camera Challenge will send one home early.

Watch the finale: Sunday, August 14 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

Vote on Your Least-Favorite Foods as a Kid — Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off

On this past Sunday’s episode of Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off, the kids faced one of their toughest challenges yet, cooking their least-liked ...

1. Cathy says:

Planned a great event Sunday evening to watch the Food Network Star and then while watching the first episode of the the Great Food Truck Race, Food Network shows a promo for Jeff's (yes I said Jeff), new show. Wow, Really!!! Sandwiches?
    I hope Susie gets picked up fast by another network. Now, that will be a show!

2. Ron M says:

I think a very fair outcome … and YES Suzie should get a show too!
    Must say I gained alot of respect for Vic …
    Jeff – we'll be watching!!

3. jeri says:

The last episode was aired! It airs 9pm eastern, 6pm Pacific. If you have satellite, you can watch it at 6pm pacific and again at 9pm Pacific. If you have only cable you are at the mercy of your provider. I'm sorry you caw the commercial before you got to see the show. Enough of that!!! I'm happy Jeff won, I need sandwich ideas! I'm sure Vic and Suzie will be hosting their own shows, they both are worthy. What happened to the confetti and unveiling of the portrait? I miss the party atmosphere of the finale.

4. jeri says:

How do you know Suzies family is illegal? Did you check with immigration? Just because they came from Mexico doesn't mean they did it illegally. If they were illegal, do you think she would put her family at risk? Shame on you for thinking the worst of someone, just because they came from Mexico!!!

5. zanne4 says:

I am so disappointed with the outcome of Season 7 – Foodnetwork Star. Sandwiches…really? I will never watch his show. He tries to be funny all the time and it is annoying! Fake smile…ugh!! If I want a sandwich, I can make my own without a recipe or just run to the local deli. Big mistake FN. Susie was refreshing. Great ideas and recipes. I have already tried two of her recipes. I want more!!!!! Drop the sandwich king and bring on the spice!!!!

6. MacDLT says:

I am disappointed that Susie didn't win. I don't have anything against Jeff, but I wouldn't watch a show about making sandwiches. On the other hand, even though I don't like Mexican food, my family does. In fact, I always turn the channel if someone starts cooking something that is remotely Mexican. But watching Susie week after week made me want to learn more about cooking Mexican food for my family. I would have gladly watched her show. But I guess now my family will have to stick to going to a Mexican restaurant if they want Mexican food because no other personality has excited me about wanting to cook Mexican food. How can I get her recipes?

• jeri says:

By patient! I'm sure Suzie will turn up with her own show, she's too god not to! The judges really liked her, she'll be around!

7. moira says:

I have to say this season of "the next food network star" was very entertaining, I thought all three of the finalists were great, normally I would have a clear favorite, but not this time, I would watch any of these guys.
    I thought Mary Beth was a poor looser and I believe she should have been eliminated much sooner, Although she had excellent camera pressence, her cooking skill was lacking.

8. Andrea Williams says:

When Jeff first introduced himself as sandwich king, I thought how many episodes can amplify sandwich interest. But, throughout this season, I really fell in love with his heart, humor and wit. He can think on his feet and I'll watch his shows with anticipation. I think he has huge potential.

9. soozer says:

Thought Penny had a good point–what Jeff makes is NOT required to be slapped between two slices of bread. I'm serving the flank steak, san bread, with roasted cauliflower and green bean salad at a party next week. See? That's not so hard.

10. Beverlee says:

I am surprised that Jeff won. When I think about cooking I don't think about sandwiches. I was hoping for Suzie to win and get some good, authentic Mexican recipes. I wish they would at least give her a show like they did for Big Daddy. Come on Foodnetwork, let's rethink this and get a good Mexican food show on TV.