This Week on Food Network’s Star Blog

by in Shows, July 14th, 2011

orchid
The seventh season of Food Network Star is in full swing and the writers on the Star blog are dishing. This week, fans said goodbye to a fan favorite and it got everyone talking — even Melissa d’Arabian. If you missed last week’s episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, July 17 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

“You Think That Twins Are Connected? No” — Alton’s After-Show

For the first time in Cutthroat Kitchen history, the limits of evilicious sabotage were tested tonight as two sets of twins took their places in the n...

1. Guesta says:

WHO CARES!!!! ITS NOT LIKE HE SAID SOMETHING TOTALLY WORSE! JUST GET OVER IT! PEOPLE HAD SAID WORST THINGS!

2. andrea says:

You all need to get over it! I cannot beleive that this is still being discussed after 3 days of viewing. it is over and done with, and reality TV is always gonna have some drama in it, so they didnt edit it. The bigger point is how Jyll handeled herself while having to take a cooking lesson from WP in front of everyone. That was embarassing but she took it so well – Giada and Susie are so ignorant and critize over the wrong things.

3. grem says:

My question is, is Suzie ever going to have to cook anything that's not Mexican? I live with the best Mexican food in the U.S. (just ask Aron), but it's not difficult to cook. Shouldn't a star have a bigger repertoire? She's great personality-wise, but if she had gotten that dessert, I see her running for corn chips and making makeshift churros.

As for the Bible-bangers on here. You people need to read your Bible. Taking the Lord's name in vain means swearing by it with no intention of living up to the oath, not just an interjection. Boycotting Food Network over that? Hahaha. Never move to NYC, Boston, LA, or any other real city. Half the priests in Boston say "Jesus Christ" as they sit in a pub.

4. ross says:

To all the people who were offended… in the United States, you do not have the right to not be offended. You can be angry, disappointed, mad, sad, whatever you want, but you are just going to have to deal with it. Not all of us share your religion. And ask yourself, would you have gotten equally as angry if he had said "Oh, Allah…" or "Yahweh". I'm guessing no.

5. Christian says:

Bobby should apologize.

6. Pat Sweeney says:

Taking the name of God is wrong and you should have bleeped it out…. Apology is needed to The Lord…
    Pat

7. Heather says:

I am a Bobby Flay fan and I am disappointed to hear this. I agree he should apologize.

8. Linda - NC says:

I, too was so disappointed in Bobby Flay's use of the name of Jesus Christ as an expletive. I agree with other comments that, since this is a taped show, it could and should have been edited out. What Mr. Flay chooses to say in private is his concern – what he chooses to say on national television is another. Tolerance for all religions must be shown equally. I watched the repeat of this show on Wednesday night and noted that this part had been edited out – so sad that it was not done prior to the first showing.

As for the show itself I think that the producers are now going for the "entertainment" value more than for cooking skills. Some of the behavior of this year's contestants is so over the top that it could rival "The Real Housewives" shows for drama, inappropriate behavior, etc. Food Network, you are (or should be) much better than this year's farce of The Next Food Network Star!

9. Amazed at uproar says:

I respect your opinion to be offended. Now please respect my opinion to think you all idiots.

10. Anon07 says:

Bobby Flay, just cook and leave blasphemy out of it.

From,