This Week on Food Network Star’s Blog

by in Shows, July 28th, 2011

jyll everman
The seventh season of Food Network Star is in full swing and the writers on the Star blog are dishing. Last week, the six remaining Food Network Star contestants faced not one, but two all-star personalities — Rachael Ray and Ina Garten. If you missed the episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, July 31 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

The Kitchen Co-Hosts Look Back on Season 1 and Preview What’s Ahead

Just a few months ago, five of your favorite Food Network chefs came together on The Kitchen to celebrate what is arguably the most-important room in...

1. Cindy says:

We have been very disappoint with the attitude that Bobby has toward the contestants. I never dreamed he would be that way. He has forgotten what it was like to be a beginner. He is beginning to sound a little like Simon on American Idol. I have always loved watching any of the shows that he has been on, but I have changed my feelings. What has happened to the Bobby we see on Throwdown?

• Guest says:

Two thoughts come to mind in Bobby's defense: It can be difficult to really know the context of remarks on these so-called reality shows, since the editing can really change the original intent; he and the other judges have to behave as professionals, and in the cut-throat world of cooking and television, that means having to be brutally honest. Networks invest a great deal of time and money on their talent, so they must choose strong, talented, vivacious people, who also can be authentic. That's not to say they always get it right (RR, SL, PD and CR all spring to mind as feeling completely inauthentic, not to mention sub-par as cooks).

2. Gloria says:

I being a cook and want to be chef can see an opening in the network for someone only slighltly if at all more experienced than the home cook. Why not have the star and the people at home learn together. I really enjoy and constantly watch the food network, although they are all expertly trained the chefs have although not meaning to talk down to the viewer. I also thought that Mary Beth was going home. I liked that she told the judges that she had not done that before, but learned and pulled it off."

3. NFNSFan says:

I am getting a little tired of Susie Fogelson, period, but I am especially tired of her trying to fit people into a box. Yes we need to see what a person's show would potentially be and understand their perspective, but I do not think that Vic Vegas went outside that personality today at all. He is "Mama's Boy." He learned to cook from his mom, went back to his roots to find a show and perspective that would work for him and that would be a show that we would all LOVE to watch. But you know what? THAT is precicely what helped him to go to Vegas and become a successful chef. I would expect him to bring some of his Vegas flair and flavor into his show and cooking, and frankly, I would be disappointed if he didn't. We have enough Italian shows…do we have a Vegas-Italian one? No, and we'd all love to see it. You gave them a Roast challenge today. He made Prime Rib Vegas style and he nailed it. THAT is a show I'd like to watch -cooking done well whether its Mama's Boy or with a Vegas flair -so long as its his show I'm watching…I'm already a fan!

• guest says:

Here Here for sick of Susie. Unfortunately I think the Judges made up their minds a long time ago. Really you got rid of Whitney and kept Susie. I used to be a big fan of the show…not so much any more.__

4. jeri says:

Why are you so down on S.F? I'd like to see you do her job. I wouldn't want to do it. As for Bobby's comment, get over it, everyone else has. You wanted a reality show, you got it-comments and all! If it's not what you want tune out. You are in control of your remote.

5. bobby_fillet says:

Why is Mary Beth still on this show? She has no clue how to cook. She is a food critic blogger. She comes across as a high school English teacher. She has to go next week!!!

6. Liz says:

I don't think that they should have sent Whitney home…Mary Beth is kind of weird and she wasn't good in front of the comedians, she tried to be a smartie pants instead of being herself…and I think Whitney over did it, with the crying and it made the comedians feel uncomfortable, embarrased the judges and therefore they got rid of her… I was glad they sent Penny home and totally bummed that they are bringing her back for the Iron Chef part, she is not the type that works well with others and unless you are the next one to step on she doesn't care that you exist… she calls it confidence I call it being EVIL… __