This Week on Food Network’s Star Blog

by in Shows, July 7th, 2011

guy fieri
The seventh season of Food Network Star is in full swing and the writers on the Star blog are dishing. This week, Melissa d’Arabian urges the finalists to be authentic, Guy remembers the anxiety and Penny, once again, stirs the pot. If you missed last week’s episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

Explore America’s Best-Ever Pizzas, BBQ, Breakfasts and Burgers on All-New Series

When you consider classic eats like pizza, barbecue, breakfast and burgers, there’s surely no shortage of restaurants at which to find them; fro...

1. jefegordon says:

Hope you join the group to share the displeasure and let food network know should penny win , the loyal viewers will not watch! Food network viewers like great personalities with interesting food concepts to share , we do not like people who turn us off and will make us change the channel!

2. Jesse says:

I can't believe you are keeping Penny on the show——-if she won WHO would watch her???? I certainly
    would not she is a BITCH!!!! I feel so sorry for the ones that are teamed up with her. If she won
    because of her food no one would watch BECAUSE a show is watched because of the person
    hosting not necessarily the food they are preparing. A host has to be liked.

3. CoolCat44 says:

I am so sick of everybody constantly slamming Penny. Do you people understand editing? She didn't do anything in the episode last night and people are still hating on her. Mary Beth went after her because her food sucked. I am not really a Penny fan but lets be fair. Those other women sit around and talk about her all the time. Everyone needs to grow up and act like adults and not middle school kids.

4. JanetLee5 says:

I love Next Food Network Star, and I haven't miss one of them since it first started , but I am so turned off by the editing turning this show into a reality show on par with Jersey Shore or Big Brothers. Don't understand Bob's comment that Mary Beth's food hasn't been impressive. Paula Deen was so impressed with Mary's meatloaf that she was going to try it next time she made meatloaf!! I think Mary Beth has the personality and the ability to describe her recipe, and that I want to see in the Next FoodNetwork Star. I hope she wins!

5. boo15 says:

The judges need to WAKE UP!! Eliminate penny period.

6. Judi Foodi says:

I dont care how good she cooks, Penny is obnoxious and never learned about "how to play with others" — send her back to kindergarden. Why would I want to watch someone who clearly is not a pleasant person and doesn't work well with other people. I want to be able to enjoy the person and enjoy the food.

7. mrclean1112 says:

Yeah, it seems that the producers are going for the "reality" part of the show more than the food and the competition. I don't remember ever seeing this much "apartment time". My guess is that Penny is hanging around for the drama, but will be booted off right before the tops do their own mock show. I can't imagine that anyone would really want to work with her. Did you see how she treated the people in the diner? And how she brought "doing the dishes" into the evaluation room? The thing I don't get is all the love for Jeff. This guys is pretty dang weird, almost to the point of Chris. I say Vic or Susie has the most potential. They are both sincere and can make some killer food.

8. bobby_fillet says:

Since there is a big picture of Guy advertising this thread, has anyone else noticed that his tatoos are spreading? 2-3 months ago his forearms were free of tats but now his left arm is covered with them. FN made him cover all of the ones on his upper arms but now it's beyond their control. Am I the only one grossed out by these younger chefs who cover their entire arms with tats? I don't think I can watch him any more. I'd be rooting for Vic if it weren't for his prison tats. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's an art form. I prefer looking at art on canvas.

• NanaJ says:

I aggree 100%…..Dirty looking, I thought I was the only one who thinks this.. I won't watch them.. What is up with all the overweight guy Chiefs? Over weight, dirty arms and necks..frying and eating …. Not pleaent to watch…Not a good example

9. Stacey says:

Will Chefs vs. City ever return, that was one of my favorites?

10. K M Waugh says:

I'm watching less and less of the Food Network because not everyone can afford a constant diet of scallops, lobster, saffron, truffles, or even foods such as Chilean Sea Bass, rib eye steaks or papaya. Expensive specialty dishes seem to be the predominant theme recently… a theme that I'm not interested in. FoodTV needs to get with reality that food prices and the economy are effecting our grocery list and budget!