Two Ways to Use: Root Beer

by in Recipes, July 22nd, 2011

root beer bundt cake

Every month, Food Network Magazine puts chefs from Food Network Kitchens to the test: Create new recipes made with common supermarket products like pretzels and ice cream cones.

There are numerous brands of root beer available to consumers, and no one recipe is the same. Ingredients like allspice, birch bark, vanilla bean and licorice give this classic drink a unique taste that pairs so well with vanilla ice cream. This month, Claudia Sidoti and Dave Mechlowicz are tackling and transforming the sweet, carbonated soda pop into a cake and grown-up root beer float.

Recipe: Root Beer Bundt Cake (pictured above)
Claudia says: “I love root beer in just about every form. It tastes great with chocolate!”

grown up root beer float
Recipe: Grown-Up Root Beer Float
Dave says: “This float reminds me of my childhood — but with a kick!”

Best 5 Doughnut Recipes

Whether you’re craving a treat to pair with your morning cup of coffee or you want to indulge in a comforting dessert, look to doughnuts to sati...

1. Allison says:

Can't wait to try this Root Beer Float. Sounds really good :)

2. Charlene Scanlon says:

I made the Root Beer Cake and did not get much tast of Root Beer. But it is a great chocolate bunt cake!

3. Nan says:

I have never tried Root Beer in a cake so am looking forward to this because I love Root Beer Floats which I have had since I was a very young girl.

4. carol says:

I have been cooking and baking for 60 years, and from scratch bundt cakes are my specialty. This root beer cake was the worst thing I have ever made. Even the pot luck people told me to throw that recipe away, which I had already done…..

5. @lindeeinak says:

I love root beer, this cake sounds very good. On my list to make.

6. Melissa W. says:

I am drooling over while reading this. This is something new also because i never used root bear on cakes…Yummy!!!

7. Rattling nice pattern and wonderful written content , nothing else we need : D.

8. Cat Fence says:

You completed numerous nice points there. I did a search on the problem and found almost all men and women will have exactly the same opinion along with your weblog.

9. I have to convey my respect for your kindness for all those that demand guidance on this 1 field. Your unique commitment to passing the answer up and down has been incredibly functional and has continually empowered most people just like me to accomplish their dreams.

10. Dan Orabuena says:

In UK there is usually a no earn no price arrangement in which case they can charge what the guy can get in the losing part. so it is not something that you can bother with regards to and regardless the shedding side will pay reasonable costs which is often disputed via what is termed like a taxation listening to (practically nothing about income levy) but attorneys detest them and also the disputing side will cover them along with both attributes regard it a any bldy annoyance. ~ Injury attorney Atlanta