POLL: Who Would You Rather Cook For?

by in Shows, July 21st, 2011

rachael ray ina garten
This Sunday, the six remaining Food Network Star contestants face not one, but two all-star personalities — Rachael Ray and Ina Garten. So we just have to ask the question: Who would you rather cook for?

If you missed last week’s episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview on Food Network’s Star Blog.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, July 24 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

Guy Fieri on the Family Dynamics at Play on Triple G: Family Style

Guy Fieri reveals what makes the upcoming Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition so unique....

1. jpnlpinlove says:

Neither! I'd rather they cook for me!

• carol says:

I rather cook for Ina she is a simple cook like me lol I just wonder how many Gay gentlemen she knows they are on a lot of her shows.

• jeri says:

Who really cares, beside you? Do you have something against a person having gay friends? Gays can be the best friends. Mine are.

2. Lou says:

I would like to cook Ina something so constipating that she would call the Make a Wish Foundation to wish for a BM

• Jen says:

People are still on this? Ina volunteers her time and money all year. Her staff has a list of types of charities where she focuses her work. Ina happens to focus on women's issues and historical preservation. Her people screen for that. Being famous does not mean that a person is obligated to honor every request ever made.

• Plainjane1 says:

Thank you. I'm glad someone said something. I think it's sad and unfortunate that a child was denied a wish but I have to ask, is Ina the only one in the entire world that didn't honor a request?

• Plainjane1 says:

Is it really necessary to bring that kind of ugliness to a food blog? If you don't like Ina, that's your right but please leave the scatalogical references somewhere else. They're offensive.

• ConnieCardell says:

I am not sure what brought you to this point about Ina, but I think that you need to look in the mirror. You may be the problem. Ina is my favorite! At least she loves to cook for her husband! You rock Ina!

3. bumblebee says:

Probably RR…and it would take longer than 30 minutes. I love Ina and my style is similar.

4. MSchwartz says:

I am confused at Rachel Ray's almost unfriendly demeanor during these challenges (for seasons now, by the way), as if she is being inconvenienced or does not have the time to "babysit the kids". I used to LOOOOVE watching her show, but to see her host these cooks with little to no joy and interest in their success is unfortunate. It truly makes me feel like she is either jaded or dilikes this part of her job and she now seems incredibly disingenuous and rude. What a shame.

On the other hand, Ina Garten, who I am just starting to watch lately, can tell someone his cupcake was not the best but still do so with respect and a pleasant smile on her face. That is the mark of a professional.

5. maggie says:

I would be intimidated to cook for Ina, but would LOVE to eat Ina's food!

6. jeri says:

Cooking for either would be intimidating. What difference does it make if the guys on her show are gay, and how many gay people she knows? I know several gays and they are the best friends I have. They are honest, open, and man can they cook!!! The could out cook any Food Network Star any day. Maybe that Gould be the next contest, gays that cook!!!

7. gf77 says:

Ina is the most boring personality on Foodnetwork. I would cook for Rachael any day over someone so fake.

8. Guest says:

What exactly is so fake about Ina? I find her to be the genuine article.. If you want to see an expert fake, take a look at that nutty Pioneer Woman aka Redd Drummon who's only claim to fame is she bought her way onto the food scene with absolutely no talent other than convincing her husband to part with his money.

9. Guest says:

Sorry this should have read: What exactly is so fake about Ina? I find her to be the genuine article.. If you want to see an expert fake, take a look at that nutty Pioneer Woman aka Ree Drummond who's only claim to fame is she bought her way onto the food scene with absolutely no talent other than convincing her husband to part with his money.

10. mismax says:

I don't understand the need for people to be ugly and post nasty comments.
    Ina Garten, Emeril Lagasse and Sara Moulton all taught me to cook. I cook their recipes 6 nightsout of the week. People have complained about Ina saying to use "GOOD" this or that, and I'm here to tell you, it DOES make a difference. We did tastes tests and found the higher quality and yes, more expensive ingredients were worth it. I love cooking and it brings me joy knowing I'm giving my husband and friends the best when I make these delicious recipes.