Beyond Gazpacho: Cold Soups for Summer

by in Recipes, July 8th, 2011

chilled cucumber soup
Last week on Food Network’s Facebook page, readers “Asked the Editor” about cold soups. Cold soups are refreshing and they also keep your kitchens cool in the summer heat, but how many times can a person slurp gazpacho? Our fans wanted something different — something that highlighted the season’s fresh produce, but more creative than the classic blended tomato soup. After the jump, four of Food Network’s most popular cold soup recipes, including Giada’s Mixed Berry Soup for dessert.

Ina’s Chilled Cucumber Soup With Shrimp (pictured above)

Emeril’s White Bean Soup With Crispy Pancetta

Ellie’s Green Pea Soup

Giada’s Mixed Berry Soup With Gelato

If you are craving gazpacho, try Food Network Magazine’s version with lime grilled chicken.

Broccoli and Orzo Casserole — Meatless Monday

This Meatless Monday, indulge in a soothing dish of Broccoli and Orzo Casserole....

1. Bonnie says:

it's too hot to post.

2. Anita Sharp says:

Actually- they all sound good-except for the cucumber….I am not a big fan of cucumber! And I love to make soup! Especially in winter- I put it in the crock pot and the whole house smells of soupy goodness!!! We eat it in summer as well, when it is too hot for a heavy meal!

3. Robin says:

I have a great recipe for cold strawberry soup that is great!! It always goes over well.

4. bobby_fillet says:

Marcela made cold avacado soup this morning on Mexican Made Easy. I can't vouch whether it's good or not.

5. pdfromtoledo says:

Mexican Mad Easy did one on her show today.

6. MsValeriah says:

One of my favorites is Alton Brown's Gazpacho recipe out of a Good Eats episode from 2007, American Slicer. Light, healthy and satisfying. My honey who normally doesn't like raw tomato likes this one. Easy recipe too. You can find it on the Food Network website.

7. When I first saw this title Cold Soup Recipes for Summer | FN Dish – Food Network Blog on google I just whent and bookmark it. Hey there! I’ve been reading your weblog for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!