What to Watch: Tough Cookies and Heat Seekers Premiere this July

by in Shows, June 21st, 2011

tough cookies family
Summer’s heating up on Food Network with two new series that are sure to bring drama, heat and good food.

First, Food Network heads down the shore for the new series, Tough Cookies. Follow sisters Susan Adair, Linda Brand and their loving, squabbling, multi-generational family as they run Crazy Susan’s Cookie Company in Ocean City, N.J. Crazy Susan’s isn’t your average bakery –- Susan is a mad genius, creating new concoctions and selling out fast every day, all while managing employees who are mostly family members. Their cookies might just be as popular as the beach in this town.
Tune in: Monday, July 11 at 10 p.m. Eastern/ 9 p.m. Central

heat seekers
Then, follow chefs Aarón Sanchez and Roger Mooking on a tongue-testing odyssey to discover the most delicious and dangerous spicy food in the country on Heat Seekers. In each city, they discover the secrets of heat in cuisines like Mexican, Indian and Korean, and then subject themselves to a test of who can handle the heat. What results in these adventures are either tears of laughter or pain, but usually it’s both.
Tune in: Friday, July 22 at 10 p.m. Eastern/ 9 p.m. Central

Which Food Network shows are you looking forward to watching this summer? Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

The Kitchen Co-Hosts Look Back on Season 1 and Preview What’s Ahead

Just a few months ago, five of your favorite Food Network chefs came together on The Kitchen to celebrate what is arguably the most-important room in...

1. Monique says:

I gotta say tough cookies.. Is awsome.. coming from and italian backround and watching this italian family working together ,backing each other up, arguing, playing around, and making their dream come true is fabulous.. The cookies look amazing.I will def be ordering some of them. .Tthe show is so funny and so entertaining… I hope it conitnues.. I wish every family member and the whole crew good luck. I'll be watching with my children ever single episode.. Good Luck Touch Cookies You Deserve it.

• kay says:

I watched the preview,& couldn't "connect" with any of the characters. There are so many FN shows my husband & I love; we're a big fan of "heat Seekers" already,from the preview. But "Tough Cookies" is a touch sell, & was a "no sale" for us.

2. Suzie Q says:

Get Rid of Tough Cookies and the 3 cholatetiers
    If I wanted to listen to screaming and hollering and arguring I'd turn the chanel and watch the cake boss

3. ELLIE says:

MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE THIS SHOW. WE HAVE LAUGHED OUT LOUD THROUGH EVERY EPISODE WE HAVE WATCHED. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING WE REALLY ENJOY IT. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A WAY TO GET SOME OF THE RECIPES, ESPECIALLY THE ONE FOR THE "JUNK FOOD COOKIE". :)

4. bethk says:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

5. Ronna says:

I am spending the week with Stephanie who is my daughter in law and literally demolished the whole box ! We had company and I was embarrassed that I had not left that many for my company. I am obsessed with these cookies! I have not tasted the Mayor cookie yet because they fly out of the store. I sure hope Steph brings some more of those delicious cookies over

6. janie says:

I love the show tough cookies when will new shows start. Keep looking on tv guide.

7. janie says:

p s family show's like tough cookies are wonderful to watch for some people like me…paula dean and mexican made easy love those shows…I am so glad mexican made easy finally made to be watch every saturdday. To tell the truth I love foodnetwork in general.

8. hi!,I love your writing very much! percentage we keep up a correspondence more approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look forward to look you.

9. Chris says:

There is a New restaurant in Charlotte, North Carolina called Pacos Tacos and Tequila. They have a sauce made from ghost chilies that is so intense the aroma is enough to make you cough. Think would be a great place for heat seekers to try out, I don't know how anyone can handle this one!!

10. So how do promote your site if you don’t leave blog comments? You promote it just like you would promote a band, a brick-and-mortar business, a new restaurant, a backyard lawn care service, and a lemonade stand. You tell people you know about it and ask them to tell people THEY know about it. You buy advertising. You go join a crowd and talk yourselves up.