What to Watch: Tough Cookies and Heat Seekers Premiere this July

by in Shows, June 21st, 2011

tough cookies family
Summer’s heating up on Food Network with two new series that are sure to bring drama, heat and good food.

First, Food Network heads down the shore for the new series, Tough Cookies. Follow sisters Susan Adair, Linda Brand and their loving, squabbling, multi-generational family as they run Crazy Susan’s Cookie Company in Ocean City, N.J. Crazy Susan’s isn’t your average bakery –- Susan is a mad genius, creating new concoctions and selling out fast every day, all while managing employees who are mostly family members. Their cookies might just be as popular as the beach in this town.
Tune in: Monday, July 11 at 10 p.m. Eastern/ 9 p.m. Central

heat seekers
Then, follow chefs Aarón Sanchez and Roger Mooking on a tongue-testing odyssey to discover the most delicious and dangerous spicy food in the country on Heat Seekers. In each city, they discover the secrets of heat in cuisines like Mexican, Indian and Korean, and then subject themselves to a test of who can handle the heat. What results in these adventures are either tears of laughter or pain, but usually it’s both.
Tune in: Friday, July 22 at 10 p.m. Eastern/ 9 p.m. Central

Which Food Network shows are you looking forward to watching this summer? Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

Celebrate Thanksgiving with Food Network in November

Thanksgiving is coming! Thanksgiving is coming! And it’s certainly not something we take lightly here at Food Network. Why? Because it’s a...

1. Judy Rudisill says:

I would rather watch a dog dig a hole and bury a bone than watch tough cookies, boring, boring boring. I don't know who came up with that idea, but it needs to be buried quick, AWFUL!!!!!!

2. KathySWM says:

Meh, the cookies didn't even look that great.

3. NThomason says:

I agree with all who have said "ENOUGH" of the reality shows…..they are boring, predictable, and did I say "boring"???!!!! Bring back more cooking shows…..like another viewer commented, the FN has been my culinary school. "Unwrapped" is also interesting, educational……only see re-runs these days. Want to see more of the chefs teaching us how to cook. Can't get enough of Guy Fieri, no matter what he does. I could watch Triple D all night long. Miss him being on in the afternoon. Why did you move his show to the morning?? He's another that could be put on in prime time (Guy's Big Bite). FN should listen to its viewers instead of constantly changing the programming, in search of something but coming up with nothing. The new cookie show looks so stupid I won't even tune in for a single episode. Give me a break!

4. CookieLover says:

I've had their cookies and they are great! The people are friendly and my son thinks they are fun to watch.

5. Mayra says:

I love Aaron Sanchez!

6. Daisy73 says:

I am so excited about "Heat Seekers". I love unbelievably spicy food, and I really like Aaron Sanchez on "Chopped," which is my favorite show on the food network. I hope to be able to hit some restaurants where they eat and try out the spicy food myself.

7. Pam says:

Please tell me where is Big Daddy? what time is his show on and what day. I have not seen him in a while

8. David says:

Aaron sanchez is the coolest chef on the network

9. christyz says:

It takes awhile to become attached to new shows and their characters. Sometimes the connection is instant. I love how Tough Cookies starts off with a dilemma or a squabble between the siblings but then seems to end with a more poignant moment. Susan giving her friend, Jill , credit for starting the business, Grandfather speechless as his family surrounds him at his 88th birthday, Susan & Linda hugging at the end and Susan wiping a tear away. A cookies with milk show is just perfect! Cant wait to try them all!

10. stein2469 says:

I have watched 3 episodes of Tough Cookies and find it more & more of a reality comedy show than anything else. I think it's great that Crazy Susan is "inventing recipes" as this gives people the courage to veer away from a stock recipe and try something else. As a baker, I find the disorganization of the bakery horrifying, especially this last episode of in which they needed 5000 cookies for an event within 12-14 hours of the event. The making of the "special" cookie for the mayor while making the other cookies was just ridiculous.