Giada to Cook for the Newlywed Royal Couple

by in Food Network Chef, News, June 17th, 2011

giada de laurentiis

While some contestants on Food Network Star admit to being star-struck upon meeting Giada De Laurentiis for the first time, the popular Food Network personality is about to have her own star-stricken experience. On July 9, Giada will cook for Prince William and his new bride, Dutchess Kate at The Foundation Polo Challenge in California, along with 2,500 other guests for this charity event.

According to her interview on The Today Show, Giada signed up to cater the event without knowing that the royal couple would be there. “At first I was crazy nervous, but now I am purely excited,” shares De Laurentiis.

The Prince will be playing a Polo match while lunch is being served, but Giada will have something at the ready for him nevertheless. She promises, “No leftovers for the Prince!”

What’s on the menu? Giada will make a royal lunch that includes: Pea Pesto Crostini, California Chopped Salad and Chicken Milanese With a Tomato Fennel Sauce.

Video: Celeb Chef Giada ‘Overwhelmingly Excited’ to Cook for Royal Couple

Don’t Blame Yourself (Too Much) for Those Midnight Snack Attacks

Do you crave healthy stuff like yogurt and fresh fruit in the morning and then, as the day wears on, hanker for greasy, fatty, sugary foods like frenc...

1. visitingcook says:

As sweet as Giada is, her recipes stink, for the most part. I am Italian, I am a cook and honestly some of her concoctions are gross. I have tried several of her recipes and am always disappointed. I think her menu is awful…it is bland….the person who suggested lobster is right…good old American Maine lobster is the way to go….American produce all the way! Blueberry pie, Jersey tomatoes, Georgia peaches, California citrus and greens, Long Island wines, pasta made with durum wheat from South Dakota etc.!!! As far as the boobage…..I think it's time to cover up a bit…and her Aunt is just as bad in that department
    :-(

2. Kim Ray says:

OMG! Really!

Giada,
    You are a mother, wife, chef, daughter, grand-daughter,
    I have enjoyed seeing you grow through each chapter in your career. I appreciate the culinary skill you bring to your show but most importantly, the human side. Thank you.
    I know the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will enjoy and appreciate your time spent on prepairing a heart felt menu. I feel sure that your contribution is appreciated and I hope you have a most amazing, life long memory in the experiance you are about to have.
    Thanks for all you do,
    Kimberly

3. ozzieb36 says:

PLEASE STOP TALKING WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL OF FOOD. It's disgusting. The cleavage is bad enough, but ok I can take that. But don't be a PIG and gorge yourself then talk. One or the other, ok?

4. Demetrius says:

Hello everyone I learned how to make sandwitches as a meal, thanks Jeff.

5. Tammy G. says:

Giada, please do yourself and your fans a favor and don't do a yoga luch featureing meats and or dairy. Obviously you know nothing about Yoga. Practicing yoga goes hand and hand with veganism helping to cleanse a person's moral and ethical plate, how in the world can you argue that pain and suffering doesn't occur in the meat and dairy industry? THINK ABOUT IT.

6. katklaws says:

Giada trained and worked as a chef, (which is more than I can say for most of the Food Network stars.)
    She also happens to be pretty. Yes, maybe the tops could come up a bit.
    I do make her recipes and enjoy them. They have Italian flair and twists to them. She never said they were all authentic dishes. She is creative in that way.
    It's really easy to beat up on good people verbally.
    And yes, she comes from a wealthy background, but she also went to college and trained as a chef.
    She uses proper grammar (which in the States we need to hear a whole lot more of.)

I have also watched her since she came on camera day one and have seen her evolve. I think that is awesome!

She has camera "presence".
    So control all your raging and jealousy and prejudice. Long live Giada!

7. Mary says:

Giada is Italian – thats why she cooks the meals that she cooks. I have nev er met anyone who did not like Italian Food ,. Its the best of all . Check out the Italian Restaurants – can't even get in somtimes.
    As far as American Food – I like it too. For some reason people just have to critize her. I really feel
    that there is a lot of jealous people (American) out there. If you don't like her program – don't watch it
    It won't make any difference because she has million of watchers out there who love her program.

8. Isy says:

Giada, Please NO MORE MINT. It make everything tast like it has gum in it.

9. Good write-up, I’m regular visitor of one’s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time. “Our opinions do not really blossom into fruition until we have expressed them to someone else.” by Mark Twain.

10. Your amazing insightful information entails considerably to me and particularly to my peers. Thanks a ton; from all of us.