This Week on Food Network’s Star Blog

by in Shows, June 23rd, 2011

alicia sanchez
The seventh season of Food Network Star is in full swing and the writers on the Star blog are dishing. This week, Melissa d’Arabian shares insights for the finalists, including great advice like having a few dessert recipes up your sleeve. If you missed last week’s episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

What to Watch: Let Food Network Magazine Take You On a Cross-Country Culinary Tour

Join Bobby Flay and Food Network Magazine on a cross-country culinary expedition to find the most-delicious dishes in the country....

1. Lori says:

Oh my gosh, I am sorry for Elisha but between her voice and her weird facial expressions I am glad she is gone. I could not stand to hear her talk anymore! I was about to abandon watching the show. Now I am excited to see how the season progresses. Right now I am really liking Whitney for her cooking ability and way to go Vic! Let's hope you can continue to impress!

2. steve a square says:

penny makes the comment she hates people who are square

Translate this Bitch
    Hope you lose

3. bear295 says:

Just finished watching the newest episode. What a two-faced bitch Penny is. It is okay for her to badmouth, berate and in general attack others, but when Chris was relating what he heard from Cougar Town personnel, she flew off the handle and started some comment about throwing her under the bus. She sure wants to dish it out, but certainly can't take it. Penny can't be gone soon enough to suit me.

4. Bill Wilson says:

What happened to the end of the episode? It ended in the middle? Is that right?

• Kathy says:

They got rid of Justin D! I Loved him!! He may not be good on camera yet but at least he is not like others who I will NEVER watch (PENNY!!!). Does she (Penny) not realize that we (the audience) that watch the show are the same people that would most likely watch the 'new" star??? I don't know of anyone that likes to see people treated that way.

5. Kathy says:

Do the judges just leave Penny in there for the drama? They know we won't watch her show!

6. Julie says:

I am getting tired of this show being cut off on my DVR and having to record a later show with the show that follows just so I can see the last portion of the show. As for the contestants, I think Jyll's got it going on. I too would never watch a show with Penny.

7. Kev says:

I agree with all the negativity about Penny. Bitch is too nice a word! I miss the approach that was used in the earlier years when they taught the contestants how to do the skills needed like reading the teleprompter, cooking and talking at the same time. It just seems like they're thrown to the lions every week.

8. Chuck James says:

please eliminate the following shows as they are not interesting -Chopped,Challenge, Cupcakes, Barefoot Contessa

9. Katie says:

Penny needs to be going out the door. Trying to win by cutting down others is not showing strength, just the opposite. Her food may be good but She is weak and unpleasant.

• d1anaw says:

Actually her food wasn't good, it was burned. She got only negative comments. She got the worst scores of anyone else. She should have been the one sent home.

10. Jenna says:

Food Network is about cooking but its mostly about the personality of the hosts. If Penny were to win, I can say I will not watch any show she is on. She has a terrible attitude and is quite nasty. I don't want to watch or learn anything from someone like that. She must be terribly insecure.