This Week on Food Network’s Star Blog

by in Shows, June 23rd, 2011

alicia sanchez
The seventh season of Food Network Star is in full swing and the writers on the Star blog are dishing. This week, Melissa d’Arabian shares insights for the finalists, including great advice like having a few dessert recipes up your sleeve. If you missed last week’s episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

Restaurants Revisited: The Gross, Grosser and Grossest

From creepy crawling insects in the kitchen to appliances overrun with mold and caked in grease, Robert Irvine has seen all manner of filth in eaterie...

1. d1anaw says:

While Justin is painful to watch on camera, at least he did not burn his food and he is not horribly offensive. They seem to have decided to take Penny to the end for some odd reason. I don't get it. Why would you want to work with someone who'd stick a knife in your back, by her own admission, to get ahead? Why would you want a show hosted by someone who is so dislikable? That does not sound like a recipe for success. There is a huge difference between being a "strong personality" and being a back stabbing bitch.

2. LaDean says:

I personally wouldn't watch Penny as a Mediterranean Mama… She doesn't strike me as the mom type
    I think she could do a "Mediterranean Meals, healthy cooking" but I'm not sold on the idea that she can redeem herself. And the others,….
    I like Mary Beth, I could see her doing something like "Sunday Suppers" or maybe "Make it and Take It with Mary Beth" dedicated to foods for food day at work or Sunday Socials or Church Suppers, that sort of thing. Would really like to see that type of show added to food networks line up. I wish we could have her meatloaf recipe, too.

3. bitesize says:

Add me to the list of viewers whose DVR cut off last night's show before it was finished. Very frustrating. Then I log on today to see the remaining 10 or 15 minutes and immediately see who was canned. (Pun intended.) Please fix this Food Network.

4. Mammaface says:

Every time Penny is shown on screen I cringe. She is fake, facetious, and truly unlikeable. If she wins I will not watch her show. She may be a good cook but it takes way more than that for the viewing public to like you. I really hope she is gone soon. Her self-inflated ego is about to be popped by someone who is brave enough to look past just her cooking and see her for what she really is.

This season has been a little disappointing but I'll persevere just to see Penny kicked off!!!

5. bobby_fillet says:

How can you keep someone who burns macaroni and cheese and doesn't even know it? My 10 year old can cook mac n cheese without burning it. It would be different if she had an appealing personality, but she doesn't. At least she stopped with the Bringing Sexy Back. A hag like that isn't sexy.

6. Lynn says:

I pretty much agree with most of these comments. I would not watch a show Penny is on. There is an old saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Penny sure dishes out the vinegar. But then flies land on manure as well. Maybe she should try to out cook the other contestants instead of being so nasty. I applaud Mary Beth for trying trying to kill her with kindness this week.