This Week on Food Network’s Star Blog

by in Shows, June 30th, 2011

justin balmes
The seventh season of Food Network Star is in full swing and the writers on the Star blog are dishing. This week, Melissa d’Arabian gives the finalists pep talks, Paula makes a surprise appearance and Orchid reins in Chris. If you missed last week’s episode, catch up with this recap or watch the latest exit interview.

Watch an all-new episode: Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m. Eastern/ 8 p.m. Central

Elevating Pork Tenderloin with a Tangy Goat Cheese Dressing

For this week’s Chopped Dinner Challenge, the chefs of Food Network Kitchen chose to feature the basket ingredient goat cheese. With its creamy ...

1. USEDTOWATCHMAYBENOT says:

WOW! The "Everyone Hates Penny" club has many followers. I have to admit I agree. I have watched FN since the 1990s and have no idea where they are trying to go with this season on NFNS. Do the judges see or hear any of the drama that happens in the house? Or do cameras just follow the contestants and maximize the drama opportunity that the "women" in the house provide? Was Penny bullied growing up and now seeks revenge on all she meets? She keeps blaming the other women but I don't think the guys like her either. Kudos to Vic who seems to stay out of the drama. If I were on the show I'd keep my focus on my activities and results. There is no rule requiring feedback about other contestants so I'd keep my trap shut!

2. Katryn says:

There is no place for someone like Penny on Food Network. She continually demonstrates disrespect and distrust for everyone around her. She appears mean-spirited and full of hate. What the judges have described as "strong", I perceive as "hard" and "cold". I have never felt even a molecule of warmth or caring emanating from her. "Assertive" is a good thing. "Aggressive" – which is how Penny has been described – is not! "Competitive" is fine. "Combative" not so much.

I can not understand how Penny made it past the initial screening process, and I don't understand how anyone can go on defending her inexcusible behavior. Please, please, please get her off of Food Network without further delay. She is the antithesis of the warm, caring upbeat image Food Network has worked so diligently to develop.

• Debbie says:

She has got to GO!!!! I work at a high school and have never seen anybody not play well with others as she does..

• cookintexas says:

It has saddened me to watch Penny, she is very unkind… but worse, does she realize it is kind of a popularity contest. I don't care if she is the best cook on the planet – her actions during this contest ensures that I and everyone else I know won't watch her.

If I wanted to watch this kind of stuff, I would tune into the Housewives…. eeeeks!

3. BEEPEA says:

I cannot tolerate Penny on your current star episode. If she wins I will not watch the show. The sooner she is sent home the better!!! I don't care for Vic and all the tatoos and piercings!!! I wouldn't watch him either.
    I will enjoy it much better when these two are gone. I didn't like the first guy you sent home either!

The others are great to watch!!

4. Not a fan of Penny says:

"In my opinion, Penny is the worst canidate! If she wins, I will not be watching her show. I think she is so irritating! I hope she is off the show ASAP!!!"

5. disapointed says:

I have been greatly disappointed by this years "Food Network Star" challenge. I have watch many in the past but this one has the focus in the wrong place. The focus should be on the food, not how the challengers present it. I know this is a big part of the Food Network Shows, but does not create a food show worth watching. The food part go by so fast that you sometimes cannot tell what food has been cooked by the stars.

6. Foodie says:

I used to love this show, but they now seem to bend over backwards to promote Middle Eastern mama drama. Perhaps they think it will promote ratings. Perhaps it is because they are trying to increase diversity on the show. I've tolerated her so far hoping they would get rid of her soon. But, the judges seemed to support her even though she is the one who clearly creates her own drama and is so disrespectful and rude to everyone else. Food Network is a wholesome, family channel. No one needs that "woman" as a role model. She is classless, rude, tacky and unjustifiably arrogant. The show needs to set an example and tell her that she is gone because they will not tolerate how disrespectful and rude she is. She is an offense to strong women. You can be strong and confident without being an utterly, classless, rude shrew.

• MsValeriah says:

Got that right! Penny should go audition for Survivor and leave Next Food Network Star for someone more personable and much less vicious.

7. Anon says:

MTV used to be about music, now it's about drama. I feel that the food network is going in the same direction. :(

8. cogbenson says:

I really hope that the Food Network folks actually read these comments and realize that if Penny wins, NOBODY will watch her show. I won't argue that she is probably one of the best chefs there, but her lack of personality would kill any show. She is rude and a back-stabber. That episode where she was paired with Mary she would kiss-kiss and be all nice and then stab her in the back to the camera, what a B****!! She has the people skills of a porcupine and should be given the same distance by all the human race.

9. Sheila says:

Every time one of the stars are on food network star. I quit watching their show. They are rude and not nice at all. Giada really depressed me. Thought she was sweet but her words are ugly. You can be a critic without being harsh and ugly. This saddens me because I love cooking shows. Oh well, I will watch the ones that are not or ever been on the show.