The simplest way to thank mom this Sunday is with a homemade meal — it’s simple, but more importantly, it comes from the heart. With numerous recipes to choose from, Food Network has pulled together its favorite Mother’s Day recipes in one place — for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
1. Breakfast in bed made by the kids. Mom shouldn’t be anywhere near the stove or the sink this Sunday, so gather up the kids and let them try Giada’s recipes like Baked French Toast with Blueberries and Citrus Cream Smoothies. These recipes are easy for the little ones to make (with supervision) and delicious enough for the whole family to eat.
RECIPES: Mother’s Day Breakfast – Let the Kids Cook
2. Schedule tea time. If you’ve planned a large breakfast, opt for a lighter lunch. Ask mom to dress up (make sure she wears a hat) and have a cup of tea with her. Tea sandwiches are an old-fashioned favorite, but these recipes transform the classics. Be sure to try the Ham, Brie and Apple, Olive-Focaccia and Pesto Chicken varieties.
RECIPES: 50 Tea Sandwiches
3. A springtime lunch. If you’re looking for a lunch menu that’s more filling, but incorporates spring fare like asparagus, try Food Network Kitchens and Magazine’s recipes. Start with Asparagus Crostini with fresh ricotta and olive oil, then offer a Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts and finally, serve mom a Risotto with Asparagus that will transport her to Italy.
RECIPES: A Relaxing Mother’s Day Lunch
4. Dinner that transforms your kitchen into a French Bistro. Skip the reservations and long lines at restaurants and treat mom to a homemade dinner of Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad, Roast Chicken and Roasted Asparagus. Not only is this less expensive, you can use leftovers for lunch the following week.
RECIPES: Mother’s Day Dinner Menus
5. Sweets and cocktails. While desserts and cocktails aren’t classified as a meal, they should still be a part of your celebration. Serve cocktails, with or without alcohol, throughout the day and finish strong with a dessert that’s impressive, yet simple.
DESSERT RECIPES: Rhubarb Crumble (pictured above), Cheesecake Parfaits, Hummingbird Cake COCKTAIL RECIPES: Champagne Lemonade, Lazy Sunday Mimosas, Sparkling Cider Mimosa
Browse more of Food Network’s Mother’s Day recipes.