Food Network Scores 11 Daytime Emmy Nominations

by in Food Network Chef, Shows, May 16th, 2011

sandra lee, giada de laurentiis, paula deen, anne burrell

Food Network has something to celebrate — actually, it has 11 things to celebrate. The 38th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Nominations have been announced and include several Food Network shows and hosts:

• Giada at Home is also nominated for three: Directing, Camera Editing and Technical Direction.

The awards will be broadcast on CBS from Las Vegas on June 19.

The Food Network Fans are constantly looking for info and sharing links on where we can find favorite stars, discuss favorite shows, visit a book signing, or see an appearance in other venues. We invite you to stop by and visit at FoodNetworkFans.com

Beware of Oncoming Eviliciousness

Chefs know that when they compete on Cutthroat Kitchen, they’re subjecting themselves to all manners of ruthless sabotages, but  now it seems ...

1. Diann Mathewes says:

Anne B. Tyler F., Cat C., Michael, Alton B., Ina G. and Tyler F. and the lady with the long hair that judges they are the real chefs.

2. Pam Ellars says:

The Daytime Emmy Awards are only for the shows on and hosts that air on Daytime TV. Shows that air during the evening aren't nominated for daytime awards.

3. sushilover says:

Not a fan of Anne Burrell. It annoys me the way she talks to her food. (Hello there pork chop or happy to see you honey bear) I mean who wants to hear that. You don't hear any of the other chefs say annoying things like that. It's good to be happy the way she is when cooking but I just wish she tones it down some with talking to her food. I just want to learn the how to prepare meals not watch her talk to food. It's not a good look.

• LydiaPeep says:

Since when do you make French Onion Soup with Olive oil. I have the original recipe from a Chef Insturctor from the CIA and her soup was gross. Please let's stop talking to your food. It is not so cutsey but rather tiring..

• greekcook says:

I agree with you. I also don't like the way she describes some things. Like crud or crap. Her show
      is boring. Most chefs describe things to make their food sound delicious. Not Anne.

4. sushilover says:

Sandra Lee should be taken off the food network . Her show is wasting air time. Please give the spot to someone who has way more talent than Ms Lee. Don't want to take anything from Ms Lee but I just believe it's time for a new show with a new chef.

5. Virginia says:

go anne go……..hope you win, you seem to be a real person with great culinary skill. wish bobby flay was nominated for something too……!

6. Susie O says:

Definitely more a fan of the stand and stir shows myself (as opposed to reality shows). My one exception – Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (love it!). Congrats to the nominees!

7. luvcookin says:

Go Anne and Giada! Hope you both win in your categories!

8. ozzieb36 says:

Anne Burrell makes me nuts too with the exaggerated motions and talking to the food. But what annoys me more than anything about ALL these people … They all talk with their mouths FULL OF FOOD and that is just disgusting. STOP IT. It's bad enough to put up with exaggerated motions, cleavage, over dramatization of the Italian words… and the whispering "better than you" attitude of Ina… but STOP talking with your MOUTH FULL. You all sound like disgusting PIGS.

9. Kathy Sallee says:

Best thing I ever ate since I was 5 yrs old, is something I still crave today at 52 yrs old…. : Maebo's One-Ton Chips from Hilo, Hawaii! Once you get a bite, you are hooked! Just Google One Ton chips and you will see. Delicately sweet, lightly salty, extremely crunchy… It should be a nationwide chip and I don't know why it isn't already! It's an extreme treat in our family!

10. When I first saw this title Food Network Scores 11 Daytime Emmy Nominations | FN Dish – Food Network Blog on google I just whent and bookmark it. excellent put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should proceed your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!