FN Fan Bites: Robert and Alton Cooking for Solutions, Meet Scott Conant at Taste of the Nation

by in Food Network Chef, May 17th, 2011

robert irvine, alton brown, scott conant
The Monterey Bay Aquarium will host a Cooking for Solutions celebration May 20-22, featuring great chefs, gourmet cuisine and fine wines. On Saturday May 21, the event will feature presentations from Alton Brown and Robert Irvine, highlighting the use of sustainable seafood while saving the oceans and helping home cooks discover new and delicious ways to serve seafood dishes. Visit Montereybayaquarium.org for details and ticket prices.

On May 22, Montage Laguna Beach will host Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation event. Share Our Strength is a charity that hopes to eliminate childhood hunger in our country and 100% of ticket sales go to the cause. Scott Conant of 24 Hour Restaurant Battle is one of the participating chefs this year and a VIP ticket offers a chance to meet him, along with other chefs while enjoying food, wine and specialty cocktails. Visit Taste.strength.org for information on this and other events across the country.

Paula Deen is partnering with Springs Global to launch a new line of home accessories. The “Paula Deen Home Collection” will offer affordable bedding, bath, lighting and decorative accessories. The items will be available in early spring of 2012.

The Food Network Fans are constantly looking for info and sharing links on where we can find favorite stars, discuss favorite shows, visit a book signing, or see an appearance in other venues. We invite you to stop by and visit at FoodNetworkFans.com

Exclusive: Alton Previews the Premiere Cutthroat Kitchen: Superstar Sabotage Tournament

For the first time ever, 16 of your favorite all-star chefs are coming together in the name of eviliciousness to face off in the first-ever Cutthroat...

1. michael says:

I can not wait to see these two culinary minds meet up on Saturday. I hope it will be better than Jeff Corwin on Dr. Oz. It was very informative about sea cucumber, and sea asparagus.

2. KHFitz68 says:

I wouldn't go anywhere to meet Scott Conant…I won't even watch Chopped if he is a Judge and that is one of my favorite shows. He is the most rude, arrogant, self-righteous <BLANK> on the whole cooking network channel. I would like to see him go up against some of the REAL Chefs like Bobby Flay, etc. Bet he wouldn't run off at the mouth then!!!!! Food Network, get rid of Scott Conant!!!!!!

• luvcookin says:

I see from a commercial for Next Food Network Star that Conant is still his "lovable" self! He tells a contestant to shut up. And I agree with you about his attitude.

• LydiaP says:

He is a very self impressed, rude, arrogant and totally unlikable person. I left off the term Chef, because a true chef isn't spending his time showing off on TV, but rather still perfecting his craft. You are never as good as you think you are until you have reached the next level. When he gets the award of Master Chef, then I might value his opinion.

• mckatt says:

I started out really disliking him and now the more i watch i wonder if he isn't overcompensating for having low self esteem issues…he really seems uncomfortable to me…Or…..maybe he is just a dick….?? I can't quite decide…..:0

3. Patricia Sixsmith says:

Chef Scott, Love you on Chopped, and love your show !!!! Even tho you are serious, some of the things you come out with make me laugh !!!!!! P.S. Absolutely no Cheese on Fish !!!! LOL

4. Paul B. says:

Scott Conant is the best thing to happen to Food Network in a long time. He is intelligent, well-trained and edgy without being too in-your-face.

5. steven sell says:

how come alto brown doesn't compete or cook in any food network shows? he knows the techique of cooking but can he cook?

6. Sarah Putnam says:

I agree. The network finally got someone else that will say the truth like it is.

7. I am also commenting to let you know what a great discovery my girl went through checking your blog. She noticed a wide variety of issues, most notably how it is like to possess an incredible coaching spirit to let certain people really easily grasp specified very confusing subject areas. You undoubtedly exceeded visitors’ expectations. Many thanks for presenting those powerful, safe, explanatory and unique guidance on that topic to Emily.