Ten New Superstars Compete for Iron Chef Title

by in Shows, April 19th, 2011

next iron chef contestants
You’ve seen several of these elite chefs judge contestants on Food Network shows like Chopped, Worst Cooks in America and 24 Hour Restaurant Battle. Now, the tables will be turned. Ten new chefs will go knife-to-knife in the fourth season of The Next Iron Chef, set to premiering Sunday, October 30.

Putting their reputations on the line for a chance to compete in Kitchen Stadium are some of the nation’s most well known and best chefs, including Food Network’s and Cooking Channel’s own talent:

•    Anne BurrellSecrets of a Restaurant Chef, Worst Cooks in America (Food Network)
•    Michael Chiarello – Bottega Restaurant (Napa Valley), Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello (Cooking Channel)
•    Elizabeth Falkner – Citizen Cake, Orson (San Francisco), Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
•    Alex Guarnaschelli – Butter, The Darby (New York), Alex’s Day Off, Chopped (Food Network)
•    Chuck Hughes – Garde Manger (Montreal), Chuck’s Day Off (Cooking Channel), Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
•    Robert Irvine – Robert Irvine’s eat! (Hilton Head Island), Dinner: Impossible, Restaurant: Impossible, Worst Cooks in America (Food Network)
•    Beau MacMillan – Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Phoenix), Challenge, Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
•    Spike Mendelsohn – Good Stuff Eatery (Washington D.C.), Kelsey & Spike Cook (Food2.com)
•    Marcus Samuelsson – Red Rooster Harlem (New York), 24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chopped (Food Network)
•    Geoffrey Zakarian – The National, The Lambs Club (New York),  24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chopped (Food Network)

Welcoming back to the judges table is the original Next Iron Chef Michael Symon, as well as esteemed food journalist Simon Majumdar — new to this season is UK Iron Chef Judy Joo.

The winner will join the ranks of chefs including Bobby Flay, Marc Forgione, Jose Garces, Masaharu Morimoto and Symon as a member of the Chairman’s team on Iron Chef America.

Who will you be rooting for? Tell us in the comments.

Related: A New ‘Star’ Will Be Born: The Return of Food Network Star

Caption It: Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off Gets Sandwiched

On this week’s Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off, Sandwich King and The Kitchen co-host Jeff Mauro stops by to judge the kids’ creations, whi...

1. Backgammon says:

Love IC and the first challenge. Rooting for Anne, Alex, Geoffrey. What happened to Kat Cora?
    Will the Iron Chef challenges continue to have fluff judges such as Kathy Griffin and Kelly Rippa?
    Please say no. Chef Forgione got the shaft from Wong because two judges were Wrong.

2. terry seale says:

Really? Was it necessary to open the show with slaughtered baby pigs lying there? They were taken from their mother and killed, just for a couple of bites for a TV show? Am I the only one who turned off the show at this point?

• JLF says:

Do you turn off Iron Chef every time the lid is lifted to reveal that the secret ingredient is chicken, or lamb, or fish (caught and dragged out of the water just for a competition?)? If so, you're watching the wrong shows.

• LyndaS says:

If you're a vegetarian, this show (& most cooking shows) is not for you. I don't enjoy the thought of eating organ meats. When they are used and eaten, I look away in revulsion.

• terry seale hater says:

ur an idiot terry

3. LyndaS says:

Well, the first episode made quick work of Spike. On Top Chef, he botched his given advantages too. 'Guess he didn't learn to be more thoughtful when handling a specific advantage. I laughed when his exit line was about what a great chef he is. He had no business being on NIC. Next to go will be the erstwhile cake lady, Elizabeth Faulkner. She flubbed succotash, for crying out loud.

4. I do not even understand how I stopped up right here, however I believed this publish was great. I don’t recognise who you’re but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger when you are not already ;) Cheers!

5. EvO8NiNjA says:

Robert Irvine FTW!!!!

6. ILuvAlton says:

I think it was a great first episode. But really, taking water from the river to make soup? I mean, could that possibly be sanitary under those conditions???

• Lin310 says:

I wondered the same thing Luv – they allegedely they were concerned about salmonella but HOLY COW – what unhealthy and possible debilitating germs did that river water hold ?

7. bigmac says:

Really, what's the point in watching if they are going to boot off a world class chef that Robert Irvine is? Thick Hummus and that's all they could find? Losers.

• simplygourmet63 says:

I agree 100%..Irvine shouldn't have even been in the bottom two, it should have been Zakarian! Nothing he made was a refined version of ballpark food. Chiarello should have gone for the raw egg debacle alone. A chef of his caliber should know better than to put that on a plate. I think Irvine was robbed!

8. tomnjenn69 says:

I LOVE Chef Robert Irvine!!! I watch Restaurant Impossible (DVR it) and LOVE that show. I never got to see Dinner Impossible, but it seems that there is some rivalry there and maybe what's his face shouldn't be a judge if him and Chef Irvine are competitors or if there is some bitterness on the judge's part toward Chef Irvine… that should have been considered and looked into from the start. 2nd, I am not tasting these dishes prepared but from listening to the judges, I am starting to agree with some of the comments made on facebook regarding a fixed show. Chef Chiarello, didn't even put peanuts on half the dish in the cook off, and earlier he served a RAW and very un-separated egg. Isn't that in lesson 1 of cooking school "how to separate an egg in it's shell" Seriously??? Also Chef Zakarian didn't even follow the rules to the show by cooking Ball Park food and still got away with it, and Chef Marcus didn't follow rules either. Now first off, they are ALL great chefs or none of them would be there… but these 2 didn't follow directions/rules to the show and some are just having attitude problems. Chef Chiarello, I am sure your pasta and other dishes were fantastic, or you wouldn't be there, however you ARE there, you AGREED to be there… so LOSE the attitude. The judges are there to do JUST that… to JUDGE you and your cooking. If you don't want to be judged then don't do the show. Simple as that. Chef Irvine, love your shows, love your personality, hope to maybe some day taste your fine cooking skills. And I'm sorry to see you go, don't think it was judged properly according to the rules of the show and yet you left gracefully with your head held high. A true competitor and a testament to your character. You will be truly missed but I will still watch Restaurant Impossible and any other show you take part in. :-)

9. Carol Butler says:

So sorry to se Robert Irvine get "chopped". Love him. And what's with Michale Chiarello, What a jerk. So full of himself. Didn't know he was like that. Hope he gets booted off soon. Guess I'm going with Chuck. Good show thought. Really enjoying it.

10. hi!,I love your writing so much! percentage we keep up a correspondence more about your article on AOL? I require an expert in this house to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look forward to see you.