Ten New Superstars Compete for Iron Chef Title

by in Shows, April 19th, 2011

next iron chef contestants
You’ve seen several of these elite chefs judge contestants on Food Network shows like Chopped, Worst Cooks in America and 24 Hour Restaurant Battle. Now, the tables will be turned. Ten new chefs will go knife-to-knife in the fourth season of The Next Iron Chef, set to premiering Sunday, October 30.

Putting their reputations on the line for a chance to compete in Kitchen Stadium are some of the nation’s most well known and best chefs, including Food Network’s and Cooking Channel’s own talent:

•    Anne BurrellSecrets of a Restaurant Chef, Worst Cooks in America (Food Network)
•    Michael Chiarello – Bottega Restaurant (Napa Valley), Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello (Cooking Channel)
•    Elizabeth Falkner – Citizen Cake, Orson (San Francisco), Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
•    Alex Guarnaschelli – Butter, The Darby (New York), Alex’s Day Off, Chopped (Food Network)
•    Chuck Hughes – Garde Manger (Montreal), Chuck’s Day Off (Cooking Channel), Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
•    Robert Irvine – Robert Irvine’s eat! (Hilton Head Island), Dinner: Impossible, Restaurant: Impossible, Worst Cooks in America (Food Network)
•    Beau MacMillan – Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Phoenix), Challenge, Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
•    Spike Mendelsohn – Good Stuff Eatery (Washington D.C.), Kelsey & Spike Cook (Food2.com)
•    Marcus Samuelsson – Red Rooster Harlem (New York), 24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chopped (Food Network)
•    Geoffrey Zakarian – The National, The Lambs Club (New York),  24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chopped (Food Network)

Welcoming back to the judges table is the original Next Iron Chef Michael Symon, as well as esteemed food journalist Simon Majumdar — new to this season is UK Iron Chef Judy Joo.

The winner will join the ranks of chefs including Bobby Flay, Marc Forgione, Jose Garces, Masaharu Morimoto and Symon as a member of the Chairman’s team on Iron Chef America.

Who will you be rooting for? Tell us in the comments.

Related: A New ‘Star’ Will Be Born: The Return of Food Network Star

Restaurant Revisited: Holy Cow! at Country Cow Restaurant and Bar

The situation at Country Cow Restaurant and Bar wasn’t what it seemed when Robert Irvine first arrived there. Co-owner Jenny Leonzi admitted tha...

1. Red S. says:

The show is more about cultural diversity and not necessarily talent. Marcus will win.

2. Judy says:

I'm rooting for Chef Alex for the win. Go Chef Alex!!!

3. Guy says:

Can somebody tell me why Alexandra Guarnaschelli is wearing those hideous white running sneakers?

4. Ann says:

What is Spike doing in this line up? He didn't even make it to the finals in Top Chef All Stars. There are so many other Top Chefs they could have chosen from, I really don't get it. I gotta echo the comment I loved: "See Spike Play, See Spike Lose" What a joke, indeed! Go Anne, go Marcus!

5. Crystal says:

Anne needs a new wardrobe, I admire her cooking but those skirts I’ve had enough with, I dont think she wears anything else!!! I personally love Robert Irvine or Alex!!

6. JenEstrellita says:

I think this is gonna be the best battle!! GO Chef Irvine!!!

7. bobby_fillet says:

Fantastic first show. Great presentations by all of the chefs. With this quality of chefs, it's hard to pick a loser. In the end, they went with chef's reputations. The loser cooked a great final dish. (Not going to spoil it for the West Coast watchers.) One could argue that the first voted off never belonged among the top 10 chefs to begin with although he/she did a worthy showing.

8. Jackie says:

Spike got the shaft, the judges need to be clear.he created a beautiful scallop dish, great presentation. While the other more experienced chef lacked presentation and he made two dishes instead of one. I feel sorry for Spike, I don’t think the judges played fair! I hope Robert wins he is a hard working guy. We watch all the shows and Alex is someone I hope gets humbled by this event. Good luck Ann and Robert and Jeff.

9. bobby_fillet says:

ICA needs to find a new Chairman. Since I've starting watching Hawaii Five-O, the Chairman has a recurring role as bad guy Wo Fat. Now I laugh when I see him as the Chairman on ICA. Get someone who actually knows something about food instead of an actor.

10. Ivy Lucas says:

Good first show. I love Anne & also Robert. Kind of glad Alex had a scare, maybe she will be more human.The rest of the chefs are so good it will end up as the best of the best.