A New ‘Star’ Will Be Born: The Return of Food Network Star

by in Shows, April 13th, 2011
food network star finalists
Food Network Star Season 7 Finalists

Food Network’s number one series, Food Network Star returns June 5 with a set brand new hopeful contestants. Returning to host and judge season seven is chef Bobby Flay, along with judges Bob Tuschman, General Manager of Food Network and Susie Fogelson, SVP of Marketing for Food Network. This year, Giada De Laurentiis will also be making the move from mentor to judge.

Meet the 15 finalists : Mary Beth Albright (Washington, D.C.), Justin Balmes (Marietta, Ga.), Whitney Chen (New York), Katy Clark (Long Beach, Calif.), Penny Davidi (Los Angeles), Justin Davis (Minneapolis), Howie Drummond (Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Jyll Everman (Glendora, Calif.), Susie Jimenez (Carbondale, Colo.), Juba Kali (New Orleans), Jeff Mauro (Elmwood Park, Ill.), Vic “Vegas” Moea (Las Vegas), Chris Nirschel (Hoboken, N.J.), Orchid Paulmeier (Bluffton, S.C.) and Alicia Sanchez (New York).

The season will make its premier in Los Angeles, where their challenge is staged at Grauman’s Chinese Theater and the city’s Original Farmer’s Market. According to LATimes Daily Dish, “Finalists will also visit the set of ABC’s hit series ‘Cougar Town’ and create custom meals for cast and crew, including Courteney Cox [...] and there will be stop-ins with the likes of such network celeb chefs like Anne Burrell, Paula Deen, and Rachael Ray.”

For casting videos, behind-the-scenes interviews and more, visit FoodNetwork.com/Star.  While you’re there, cast your pre-season predictions in the Fan Forecast Vote.

What to Watch: Celebrating Tomato Season on The Kitchen and Bold Flavors from the Grill with Bobby Flay

Get ready for some bold summer recipes and all-new competition this weekend on Food Network. First, join Trisha Yearwood as she cooks up her favorite ...

1. carol says:

I've been an avid watcher of Food network for years. Lately, I've been watching other shows, or reading. I was really disappointed with the people on the SEARCH for the NEXT STAR. You can tell these people are picked for ratings. We ALL disliked Penny. You guys all knew she wouldn't make it. How about picking people who others would really watch. I'm sick of Bobby Flay, he displays such arrogance. Tired of the grill shows. Turn him off when ever he's on. Tired of Guy…over exposure. The Mealy's are annoying and sugary sweet…OFF they go too. Thank goodness for Paula. At least she's down to earth. They all change when they start raking in the $$. Takes away from the point where we enjoyed watching them. What is with that STUPID new cookie show?????? How phony and annoying. I turn it right off!! Come on get some people who know how to develop shows. Get rid of the phonies. We all have a brain and can see right thru them.

• Jaedyn says:

I'm tired of Bobby Flay too…he has a "better than thou" aire to him – he comes off as arrogant and cocky. I hate when these celebrity chefs forget they were once at the "bottom of the food chain" too.

2. Pat says:

Well, the show is over and overall was a big disappointment. I was hoping to see more skill and less drama. there were some highlights and the good ones rose to the top for the most part, but when contestants start stratigizing (sp) rather than digging deep into their creative culinary skills, that's when I stop watching. I hope the "next" food network star won't be a repeat of this season.

3. betty hoke says:

I love to cook and so does my husband. We have a cabin in Al and spend our summers there. I could totally see a show called Cabin Cooking. My husband and I work together to prepare beautiful dinners for family and friends. He works grill- pork butt barbecue and I make family meals my 3 grown children adore. I invite your to come share Cabin Cooking with our family in Wedowee

4. Lin310 says:

Does anyone know if Jeff Mauro is still on Sunday mornings at 11:30 AM, EST ?

5. Utterly composed content material, thank you for entropy. “The earth was made round so we would not see too far down the road.” by Karen Blixen.

6. I do accept as true with all of the concepts you have introduced to your post. They’re really convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very short for starters. May you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post. nandroid backups

7. Brain Meir says:

An grasping discussion may be worth note. I cerebrate that you ought to indite much for this content, it mightiness not certainly be a inhibition bailiwick nevertheless generally group aren’t sufficiency to communicate on specified matters. To the following. Cheers similar to your Khmer Karaoke Celebrities » Somnangblogs.

8. freebies says:

There is not any such thing as a feeling higher then walking through a grocery store, famished from a protracted day at work, and seeing a free food sample. Everybody loves free samples. Companies like Costco and different grocery shops provide free meals samples in the retailer to get a buyer enthusiastic a couple of new product. Oddly sufficient, these free meals samples are also available online. Granted they aren’t the same ones that you’ll find in the store, however they are free food samples nonetheless. You probably can attempt new products from large, identify brand corporations on a each day basis. Merely fill out your information, and these companies will ship free samples straight to your door.

9. Hey Right now there. I found your blog using bing. This is really a really well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and resume read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

10. Bella Moorer says:

Awsome info and right to the point. I am not sure if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to get some professional writers? Thank you :)