The Latest from Food Network Stars

by in News, View All Posts, March 31st, 2011
Guy Fieri
Paula is putting on a new show.

Savannah Now is reporting that the Lady & Sons has added dinner theater to the dining experience at Paula Deen’s restaurant. Diners can now enjoy Hard-Hearted Hannah’s Playhouse presentation of ‘There’s a Bomb on Trolley 409!’ while sampling some of Paula’s best dishes. The Lady & Sons has rented basement space for the production and a buffet will be provided before the performance begins. For now, Hard-Hearted Hannah’s has dates available through October, and more dates may be added later. Tickets are $55 per person, which includes the dinner buffet and the performance. For information or reservations, visit www.hardheartedhannahsplayhouse.com or call 912-659-4383.

Alton Brown brought large crowds to Dauphin Island for a gumbo cook-off this past weekend, serving as judge for the gumbo competition. The al.com blog reported record attendance for the event in an area bouncing back from the BP oil spill.  Alton is a big advocate for local and sustainable seafood. The event featured 21 different teams cooking variations of the dish competing for the best flavor in the seafood and freestyle categories.  Before giving out the awards, Alton declared that gumbo is “the hardest thing I’ve had to cook” and took then questions from the audience.

The Food Network Fans are constantly looking for info and sharing links on where we can find favorite stars, discuss favorite shows, visit a book signing, or see an appearance in other venues. We invite you to stop by and visit at FoodNetworkFans.com

How Low Sugar Supplies and High Prices May Affect Your Sweet Tooth

Here are two words that could strike fear into the hearts of sweets lovers across America: sugar shortage. United States candy companies, including Sp...

1. Jordan says:

Check it out!!!!!! This restaurant is great!!!!!!

2. Adam says:

Ina Garten is an absolute piece of worthlessness. Turning down Make-a-Wish, a 6 year old kid with cancer (not once, but twice!) . That is some kind of awful. I for one will not be watching food network until Ina is fired! I guess that lovable personallity we see on tv is a sham, invented by food network. Maybe on her next show she could punch a puppy or maybe kick a baby… wait, she probably does those things to get ready for the show. :Sincerely, One Less Fan

3. carol says:

Ina is a great cook and person. All this negative press is an unfortunate refection of a society that loves to judge as long as it isn't themselves. I for one will give her the benefit of the doubt especially in light of the fact that Make A Wish is being investigated for misuse of funds. Ina, please ignore these turkeys . There are lots of us who wish you well and hope to see many more shows and books from you.
    I expect there is more to this story than has been printed. Could it be Mom or Dad really wanted the "wish"? Have courage Ina!

• cheryll says:

Well stated Carol

• Mark says:

Give me a break Carol. Don't you think these parents have more to care about in their life than putting their dying son out there so they can see Ina. She treated the child like scum and then, after the bad press, decided that she did have enough time for him. Thankfully, when she finally accepted the childs wish, the child turned her down and now wants to swim with the Dolphins.

• Jane says:

Are you kidding me, I guess you will be joining Ina, how stupid are you!

4. Patty Hayes says:

Shame on you Ina! This is the second day I have heard the story about her being so busy she did not have time to deal with a Make A Wish child. In the future, I will be too busy to watch her show or check out her cookbooks.

5. Marie says:

To the people of Food Network, I know I am only one person but I will stop watching your show until something is done about the incident with Ina Gartner. How anyone could refuse a child his last dying wish is not only heartless but cruel, my husband passed away 3 years ago of Cancer so I know what this child is and will be going through and I would not wish that on anyone. I am so glad that he turned her down and will be swimming with the Dolphins instead.

Ina…you should be ashamed of yourself , you only changed your mind when it was made public and you were afraid of what it would do to your Business..well I pray to God that people see you for who you really are and stop watching your show .

6. pat says:

i will not watch food ch. any more,ina garten … god is watching.

7. Marie says:

8. Amii says:

Oh goody! Now the nasty name-calling and vitriolic witch-hunt can take over yet another of Food Netwrk's forums. Keep it up you clueless, classless people, it's only a matter of time until FN decides to shut these down to public comments. Why should they pay bandwidth for your rabid zealotry? Then where will you spew your hatred?

9. Jane says:

Why are you slamming Ina Garten in the comments for an article about another Food Network chef? Give it a rest already.

How other people live their lives — whether they're famous or not — is none of our business. And none of YOUR business either.

She made a decision. Maybe you don't agree with it. Maybe you do. Maybe we all should leave it up to her and get on with living our OWN lives in a positive and charitable manner instead of attacking other people

10. DEB says:

Like my friends, family, and co workers, I TOO WILL NO LONGER WATCH ANY OF HER SHOWS!