Paula, Paula Everywhere

by in News, March 17th, 2011
Paula and fans gather for a photo, and some Food Network Magazine treats.

Paula’s been busy y’all! She was in New York City all day yesterday, first co-hosting the Today Show, then making a stop at Food Network Magazine’s treats truck. Did you catch her on Today or spot her in the city? Get a recap of her appearance on the show and see what else Paula’s been up to.

Hoda and Paula on Today, yesterday.

The Lady co-hosted The Today Show with Hoda (Kathie Lee had the day off, she was looking at colleges with Cassidy) and chatted about her grandchildren — she has one grandson, Jack, and her son Jamie and his wife, Brooke, are expecting a little boy, as is her stepdaughter, Michelle. Paula revealed that Jack calls her “Guinea” since the 4-year-old isn’t able to pronounce “Granny.” Check out a clip of the show — Kathie Lee has some stiff competition; Paula was a natural and had Hoda cracking up nonstop.

Paula and Hoda also chatted about the recent Internet sensation Paula Deen Riding Things. It seems that a stunt at this year’s South Beach Wine and Food Festival involving Paula and Robert Irvine has sparked a website featuring Paula riding various random objects.

The photo that started the sensation: Paula riding Robert Irvine. Photo courtesy of Paula Deen Riding Things
Paula Deen riding the Twitter Fail Whale.

Do you follow Paula on Twitter? She had this to say about her Today Show appearance, “Was that fun or what!” and pleaded followers to vote for Kathie Lee and Hoda in Esquire Magazine’s Sexiest Woman Alive contest.

After her stint on the Today show, Paula made a surprise appearance at Food Network Magazine’s treats truck. The truck was driving around the city yesterday, in celebration of the magazine’s new cookbook: Great Easy Meals, giving away treats featured in the book. Paula was having lunch nearby when she saw the truck, so she stopped over to say hello to fans, and possibly, to try out a Cheesecake Pop from the book.

Paula, fans and the treats truck.

Still can’t get enough of Paula? (Never, right?) Check out her Facebook page, where she’s posted behind-the-scenes pics from the filming of a Halloween episode of Paula’s Best Dishes, for which she dresses up as Lucille Ball.

Food Network's favorite funny lady as television's other funny lady.

What’s your favorite Paula moment, y’all?

New App Aims to Predict Your Next Favorite Beer

Soon, when you’re ordering a beer at a bar or restaurant, you won’t need to ask your bartender or server for a recommendation. Neither, when you...

1. GrossedOut ByPaula says:

Signed up on here just so I can say this. Paula Deen is gross! Tried watching her cook with Carla from Top Chef. She not only over does everything. She dipped her finger in the grits while they were cooking, licked in then dipped her finger in again! If that happened on the the other Food Network show, Chopped she would have been ridiculed and eliminated.

How does she get away with it?!

2. maureen says:

I am SO tired of Paula Dean ! She used to be real, on her early shows, but since she got those BIG fake teeth, her ego has skyrocketed !!!! I hate that she calls Jamie and Bobby "son" ………..they have names ! She has to hog the tv cameras whenever she has a guest on the show with her. She never lets a guest finish a sentence. and she and her whole family are so so fake. I wish she would go back to being the way she was in her early shows, when her FOOD was the star and not her and her fake hair and fake teeth and fake attitude ..the longer she is on the more "southern" she is……..its sad, I usually turn her off now..no matter what channel she is on !

3. Susan says:

I enjoy Paula Deen and her family very much. I subscribe to her magazine and watch her whenever I can. If folks do not like the way she is, do not watch her!!! I find Giada plastic and snooty and the Nealys aka the "Feelies" disgusting and vulgar; I do not watch them!

4. Paul B. says:

I like Paula Deen and her sons. Her Christmas cookie show is a classic. She has racheted up her southern accent over the years but she is still entertaining. She put on a show a in my hometwon that was very well received so she must be doing something right.

5. Becky says:

Well I still love Paula and her family and she is a real inspiration to me. I went to Savannah on May 9th with the main purpose of going to the Lady and Sons for dinner, I did and and it was fantastic! My husband and I enjoyed it so much. The next night we sent to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House and it was just as good! We just couldn't believe it! It was amazing. I'm tring to get Paula's or Bubba's recipe for the Chicken Quessadillas we had at Uncle Bubba's. They were like none I've had before. If anyone knows how I might be able to get that recipe, please let me know. I will definitely be back to Sevannah again as soon as I get a chance for that experience again. It was the best!!!

6. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

7. Hello there, You've done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this site.

8. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I'm quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

9. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

10. D. Melonas says:

Get over yourselves! I am from the deep south and when it comes to real Southern cooking, nobody beats Paula. Do you think all these shows would invite her on because she's dull, and have her endorse their products because the world hates her? Grow up, kids. This woman is a phenomenon and will succeed in everything she does because she does it well and she does it right. If you don't want to watch her I believe your TV has an "off" button as well as an "on" button. Stop carping and choose one button or the other and then you can smugly tell people what your preference is while Paula moves happily along making her millions of viewers happy, too.