Just because it’s Tuesday doesn’t mean there isn’t time to celebrate Mardi Gras. Cook up a sweet or spicy Big Easy-inspired dish tonight for a taste of New Orleans at home. With a little bit of chopping and simmering, you could mix up a hearty, traditional Shrimp and Chicken Etouffee served with rice. For super quick fixes, try Rachael’s 30-Minute Jambalaya or the Neelys’ easy Dirty Rice with Smoked Sausage.
Or, indulge in another quick and easy traditional Mardi Gras food: Pancakes! Serve one of the Neelys’ dueling pancake recipes for dinner, or browse 50 pancake ideas from Food Network Magazine. Prefer the classics? Go for Buttermilk Pancakes topped with maple syrup and butter.
More Mardi Gras Feasting Ideas:
- Food Network’s Best Mari Gras Recipes
- New Orleans Favorites from Cooking Channel
- Fat Tuesday Foods from Food.com
- Cajun Spices 10 Ways from Healthy Eats
- A Taste of New Orleans from Food2
What are you serving for Fat Tuesday?