Food Network Magazine’s Cookbook, Great Easy Meals, Made the NY Times Bestsellers List!

by in Books, News, March 25th, 2011

It’s true! Food Network Magazine’s new cookbook, Great Easy Meals, is officially a New York Times Best Seller. The new cookbook is packed with 250 simple meals that are perfect for weeknight cooking, including 50 new ten-minute dessert recipes. The book also has dozens of cooking tips from the Food Network Kitchens, menu-planning ideas and looks inside the kitchens of your favorite FN stars. Food Network Magazine featured a few of the super-easy, super-fast desserts in its April issue. Here are a couple of favorites:

Grapefruit Mousse

Ice Cream Wafflewiches

To celebrate the launch of its new cookbook, folks from the magazine drove around New York City in a treats truck, handing out sweets as well as copies of the April issue of the mag. Despite it being a rainy day in the city, hundreds of people showed up to the truck for a chance to nibble on some Cheesecake Pops.

And quite unexpectedly, Paula Deen made a special guest appearance at the truck. She was having lunch nearby and wanted to see what the crowds were gathering for. When she found out the reason, she stopped to greet fans and pose for a few photos.

Have you checked out the new cookbook yet? What are your favorite recipes? Which tips have you found most helpful?

Order your copy of the book today!

Veggie Ice Cream, Dining-Room Rug Rules and a Problem-Solving 3D-Printed Ketchup Cap

I Scream, You Scream: Vegetable-flavored ice cream? Could be terrible or terrific. Ice cream eaters in Japan will get to decide for themselves on May ...

1. Jane says:

Why are you talking about Ina Garten in a post about something not related to her? Give it a rest already. How other people live their lives — whether they’re famous or not — is none of our business. And none of YOUR business either. She made a decision. Maybe you don’t agree with it. Maybe you do. Maybe we all should leave it up to her and get on with living our OWN lives in a positive and charitable manner instead of attacking other people

2. Ofe says:

What happened?

3. Julie Raymond says:

What Happened to the Nealy's ?? I used to watch everyday at 5:30 where did the show go???

4. bobby_fillet says:

Have you noticed how FN has censored the entire thread on Ina?

5. Susan says:

I personally am boycotting Ina Garten since she blew off a 6 year old who's Make a Wish wish was to cook with her. She supposedly couldn't find the time to fulfill a dying little boy's wish. Well then I cannot watch her show. She changes her mind, I'll change mine. I must not be the only person with this philosophy! Great, it's working!!

• Mary Smith says:

You and me both. I haven't watched her show since the story became public and find I don't wander to the channel as much as I used to. The fact that Food TV remained silent has affected how I feel about the network.

6. Jessica says:

I have this cookbook at home and it is by far the best cookbook I have ever used. One my favorites is the Roasted Rosemary Chicken Breast, Marinated Tangerine Beef, Couscous with Golden Rasins. These meals taste so delicious it's like eating an expensive meal but affordable and easy to do. I love using the fresh herbs and citruses in the recipes that makes the food irresistible to eat. I have had more appreciation for cooking when use this cookbook. It is an affordable cookbook compared to the expensive ones that get one use. I have tasted to see why this is New York Times Best Seller.

7. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes which will make the most important changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

8. An interesting speech is couturier scuttlebutt. I opine that you can correspond solon on this substance, it most likely are not a taboo person but mostly individuals are not adequate to talk on significantly topics. To the succeeding. Cheers similar to your Khmer Karaoke Superstars » Somnangblogs.

9. click here says:

What are you stating, man? I recognize everyones got their own viewpoint, but really? Listen, your web log is neat. I like the work you put into it, particularly with the vids and the pics. But, come on. Theres gotta be a better way to say this, a way that doesnt make it seem like most people here is stupid!

10. Many thanks this interesting post. I might be certain to get the word out about this site :) Excellent post. Cant wait to discover your next short article.