Worst Cooks Exit Interview: Ty Miller

by in Shows, February 7th, 2011
"I took away from the experience that cooking can be fun when you're not burning everything," says Ty.

Why did you need or want to be on Worst Cooks in America?
I was the worst cook in America because when I cooked no one enjoyed it, me included.

What was the most valuable tip or piece of advice that you received from Chef Robert?
I learned that not cooking everything on high will not burn the food.

What did you take away from the experience?
I took from the experience that cooking can be fun when you are not burning everything.

Will you continue to work on your culinary skills?
I will continue to cook and get better and better. You may see me on The Next Food Network Star soon.

If you could have a do-over of the challenge that sent you home, what would you do differently?
I would not change a thing about my last dish. I cooked it with love and had a good time making it.

When you presented your final dish, how did you feel about it?
I felt great about my last dish because when I got to boot camp, I never could have made it.

What advice would you give to future Worst Cooks competitors?
The advice I would give to future competitors is to relax, have a good time and enjoy the experience as much as possible. And listen to your chef.

What was the first dish or meal that you attempted to cook back at home after being eliminated? How did it go?
When I got home, I made fried fish and potatoes with steamed broccoli. My whole family actually ate it! Priceless.

What was your most memorable or funniest moment while shooting the show?
My best feeling during taping was making football dishes and talking with the Jets players. They liked my food, so I liked them. Also, Joshie eating the seafood. That was hilarious because he was scared of the shrimp.

Find out more about Worst Cooks in America and catch the show on Sundays at 9pm/8c.

Chatting with the Chopped Teen Tournament, Part 3 Winner

Four young chefs-in-training entered the competition on tonight’s third episode of the five-part Chopped Teen Tournament. But only one kid made ...

1. Dorrie says:

Aww Ty I am sorry to see you go! You were so great to watch. I hope that you keep cooking and that you and your family enjoy your new expertise in the kitchen!! It would be great to see ya on The Next Food Network Star! Good Luck in whatever you do!

2. rigjina says:

hey carlos you are the best chef i never see.Me and my sister love to see you cook.bye

3. rigjina siomnaj says:

hey erika i feel bad you lost in worst cook in amrica i saw you on tv worst cooks in america.I love how you make dishes

4. FoodNetworkAddict says:

Ty I was really rooting for YOU win! You made the show seem like people I'd like to know were on it. I could have never learned as much about cooking as you have in such a short time. It has taken me countless years!

5. Ty, you were a lot of fun to watch and it seems like you came a long way. Enjoy cooking for your family!

6. SAL says:

with georg and her disgusting looking 100 year old wife and joshie as the only two people left, NO REASON TO WATCH THE REST OF THIS CRAPPY SHOW, GREAT JOB FOOD NETWORK YOU LOST YOUR FANS

• Nipa_Hater says:

I wonder, why the personal remark about Georg''s wife?
      Hoping to read comments about the food and the chefs only.

• Guest says:

1) Because they're right.
        2) Because it's TV, we actually get to see people. And yes, looks count.
        3) If you want to read comments only about chefs, start your own blog with your own criteria, or better yet, go to cooking school.
        4) Note the verb "Hater" in your name and your commenting on other comments. Please.

7. Nipa_Hater says:

Hey Ty, you were fun to watch. I was rooting for you and hoping to see you in the finals with Joshie…
    Perhaps your next stop should be NFNS….heck, if there is Aarti party, there should be a Ty party too! :)

8. Guest says:

You are right, when they got down to the final four the teams should of broken up and it should of turned into a contest between the individuals. This chef against chef idea is silly. The drama is in the contestants, not the teachers. I would of liked to see Kelsey compete in the final competition too; she and Georg seem more matched in skills. (Joshie is a total waste of space and too painful to watch, Carlos clearly the better cook amongst most. It is a shame chef Ann dumped him for seemly no reason.)

9. lyn says:

Hi Ty, I enjoyed watching you over the weeks. I love you personality. I hope you keep cooking.