Worst Cooks, Episode 7: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, February 14th, 2011
Carlos was a little timid with the flame...and with the seasoning on his final dish.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. In the last challenge before the finale, they bid farewell to Kelsey from Robert’s Team and Carlos from Anne’s Team.

Anne on Carlos: This is when their families came! It was a little fire; it boosted them. They were really lonely; it had been a long time. I can’t imagine doing what they did, quite honestly. They completely had a breakdown when they saw their family members. Carlos was really cute; his sister came and he cried. We asked them what do they like to eat, and Carlos’s sister said a Thai dish. I gave him a lob; that’s how easy this dish was. I was begging him the entire time: Show us your personality. Let it come out. This is the time to let it rip. I remember saying that to him so many times. He’s like, “I love spicy food,” and then he made the drippiest, personality-less Thai dish. There was no spice, no big flavors. He was great; his mise en place was always so good; his shrimp was cooked perfectly. I really thought for a while that Carlos was going to be my guy.

Kelsey spent the first half of Boot Camp on Chef Anne's team, but really made progress once she moved over to Chef Robert's team — at least that's what he says!

Robert on Kelsey: I was shocked that Anne sent Carlos home. I thought this was going to be her soldier. Kelsey’s husband came. He was deer hunter guy. He loves to hunt, so she wanted to make him venison. She went from burning everything to serving it raw, still bleeding. And it was such a shame because she knew how to cook it. She did well when she moved over to my team; she turned a corner. The pan wasn’t hot when she seared it; all the things that she had been taught, she didn’t do. That was heartbreaking. She was so afraid of burning everything, so she overcompensated.

Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

Don’t Sabotage the End of Your Summer [Infographic]

...

1. Erin says:

How sad you are, Eunice. Does that sound judgmental? I mean it with compassion. You are sad, and I feel sorry for you.

2. Nicole says:

Glad Joshie got it but was hoping for Kelsey. I love her, she is adorable and sweet and has done so well! Anyway, good luck to both competitors.

3. Andre, Carlos's bro. says:

Hello, everyone is trying to be pissed off on Joshie in their comments for beating Carlos , It was not Joshie's decision ,He is not the judge ,Josie seams to be a very nice guy and sticks for Carlos all the time and is a very good friend of Carlos , I would like every one to except the two finals and watch the show , We all wished for Carlos to win but that did not happen , so we move on , we wish Joshie and George best of luck and we love the show " Worst Cooks in America" , its the best show

• Jen MacLean says:

Hi Andre…Jen here from Worst Cooks!!! Love your brother, Carlos!! And, love your post. Both Joshie and Georg should be congratulated on making it to the FINALE…this was no easy task …I can assure you , first hand. I'm proud to have been on the show and proud to call ALL of these folks my friends!! The Finale will be something special..everyone should watch… because it will be, great TV!! Good Luck to both Teams!! Jen MacLean

• Andre,Carlos's Bro. says:

. Thank you Jen ,
      PS. please do not tell my brother but I was voting for you & hopping that you win .

4. lynette says:

Love the show, but I have a hard time believing these people ar such horrendus cooks. Where do you find them??
    I love cooking and have fond memories of cooking with my mother on Sundays for the enitre week. We would stay in our PJ's the entire day, as a busy mom i still do the same thing now.
    Have you thought of hosting a cooking show for children or cake decorating, my 11 year old has been making his own fondant for his cakes.
    On another note, we made the sweet potato hash this week using Turkey bacon and added a few cranberries. It was great, and my 11 year old twins loved it.
    The chicken with the Maple Syrup made enough for two meals.

5. JBAUM says:

My 11 year old son and I watch the show and love it. He did ask why "she" has a "wife." In the same tone he asked why "her" name is George. I told him and explained what it means to be gay. (men marry men, women marry women) He was fine with it. For those of you who hid this reality….I guess you'd rather them find out half-truths from other kids instead of a parent-led, truthful conversation. Just because it's not YOUR lifestyle choice doesn't make it wrong.
    As to the bible, someone said the right comparision…. can we have slaves? can we stone people who don't pay their debts? Really.

6. [polldaddy 4582630 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/4582630/ polldaddy]
    At this point of Worst Cooks in America, I was shaking in my big black boots! I had my moments of "oh my gosh! oh my gosh!!!!" but I just wanted to learn everything I could from Chef Beau. No matter what happens, Joshie and Georg are winners, and I hope they feel like they are already. That's how I still feel. This experience changed my life and I hope that it changes the lives of these contestants as well. If I could change one thing about my season…more fire! That flambe technique was awesome! Although I would love to have done it on the show, I wear WAY too much hairspray! HAHA!
    Best of luck and Congrats to Everyone on Worst Cooks in America Season 2!
    xoxo
    Jenny Cross

• Tommy says:

Jenny! Last season I thought for sure you would win.
      In fact, I still don't get how Rachel won. You were amazing last season! Can't wait for your website!

• Becky says:

I wanted you to win SO badly, Jenny!!! I loved watching your progress all the way through, and though I don't know you, I was so proud of you! :) You must really be enjoying watching it this year, after having lived it!

Becky

7. randi miller says:

I think the whole show is just what it is. a SHOW!! They are scripted and given tips on how to act and the schtick Joshie uses has got to go. I would be more worried about using him as a lawyer(which is what he says he is)than having him cook my meal! Also, if people are changing the channel so their children cannot see two women kiss(which I am sure is also scripted since it wasnt edited from the show) then their children are in trouble. They should be able to accept others and talk to their parents about it. Those are the same kids who end up parents at 16 because their parents didnt allow them to take planned parenthood classes in school!! I think the winner should be the viewers by making this the final season!!!

8. Elle says:

I am so mad Carlos didn't win! My sister and I were crying while he was crying! It was so super sad! Anyway, I don't like any of the contestants. I just want Chef Robert to win because he is the best chef ever! He cooks so well and he deserves to win even though he is not the one cooking. I like Chef Anne to but she won last time. Go Chef Robert! WOOHOOO!

9. Skeptic says:

Joshie is an atheist and proudly talks about slamming Judaism on his Facebook page. He is NOT a practicing Jew.

10. ChefLouie says:

Why can't we all just watch the show and enjoy it without all of the drama in the comments.
    1. I love both hosts and their recipes.
    2. There ARE people out there who really can't cook.
    3. Let the worst cooks fall where they may. We can't taste what they are cooking & we aren't prof chefs.
    4. I believe it's ridiculous to BOYCOTT a show because the chefs didn't choose your favorites.

I, for one, will be watching and will cheer for both contestants and be happy for the WINNER!