Worst Cooks, Episode 7: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, February 14th, 2011
Carlos was a little timid with the flame...and with the seasoning on his final dish.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. In the last challenge before the finale, they bid farewell to Kelsey from Robert’s Team and Carlos from Anne’s Team.

Anne on Carlos: This is when their families came! It was a little fire; it boosted them. They were really lonely; it had been a long time. I can’t imagine doing what they did, quite honestly. They completely had a breakdown when they saw their family members. Carlos was really cute; his sister came and he cried. We asked them what do they like to eat, and Carlos’s sister said a Thai dish. I gave him a lob; that’s how easy this dish was. I was begging him the entire time: Show us your personality. Let it come out. This is the time to let it rip. I remember saying that to him so many times. He’s like, “I love spicy food,” and then he made the drippiest, personality-less Thai dish. There was no spice, no big flavors. He was great; his mise en place was always so good; his shrimp was cooked perfectly. I really thought for a while that Carlos was going to be my guy.

Kelsey spent the first half of Boot Camp on Chef Anne's team, but really made progress once she moved over to Chef Robert's team — at least that's what he says!

Robert on Kelsey: I was shocked that Anne sent Carlos home. I thought this was going to be her soldier. Kelsey’s husband came. He was deer hunter guy. He loves to hunt, so she wanted to make him venison. She went from burning everything to serving it raw, still bleeding. And it was such a shame because she knew how to cook it. She did well when she moved over to my team; she turned a corner. The pan wasn’t hot when she seared it; all the things that she had been taught, she didn’t do. That was heartbreaking. She was so afraid of burning everything, so she overcompensated.

Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

Restaurant Revisited: Holy Cow! at Country Cow Restaurant and Bar

The situation at Country Cow Restaurant and Bar wasn’t what it seemed when Robert Irvine first arrived there. Co-owner Jenny Leonzi admitted tha...

1. John says:

They added that "element", because it was an emotional moment for her to see her wife again. Just like the emotional moments of Joshie seeing his girlfriend again, Carlos seeing his sister again and Kelsey seeing her husband again. Georg being a lesbian should not make her exempt from having this shown on-screen. It's just like any other relationship.

Personal lives are going to connect with the show in some way. Deal with it.

2. jmangiap says:

I will admit I was kind of surprised when Georg started talking about her wife on the air and then it was treated so fairly and so well! The Food Network took huge steps forward with this aspect to the series; had they played down Georg's lesbianism it would have been grossly unfair to her with everyone else's significant others being there. Get over yourselves! Did you somehow miss Joshie kissing Carlos on the cheek when he won the challenge? Or Ty saying 'I like a big sausage!' People who look for something to complain about will always find something to have to complain about. I commend the Food Network for taking the stand they did.

3. jmangiap says:

I always wanted to ask this: Isn't the first person to be eliminated on the first episode 'rightfully' deserving of the title 'Worst Cook in America' ?

4. Gracie says:

Congratulations Joshie! Job well done!

5. Ruby says:

I could not believe the immaturity that Joshie displayed. That man needs to grow up.
    Did he really jump up on Anne after he won? You can't blame that on ADD or ADHD or whatever. Someone didn't teach him right from wrong. Isn't he supposed to be an attorney? I would have slapped him silly. Anne must be a saint.
    I don't know whether the best person won since I didn't taste the food, but on immaturity alone, I would have picked Georg.

6. Anna says:

How typical. An ignorant comment from a woman who can't spell the word "expecting." Well, why do you expect your fellow viewers to "accept" the "alternative lifestyle" you're living, Lotti–the lifestyle of self-righteous, bigoted lowlifes? Just because it's sadly a part of our society doesn't mean we need to hear from you about it. Keep your mouth shut and focus on the food.

7. chocobsessed says:

Happy Chef Anne won! I like both chefs. She must be so happy cuz she won twice! Though sometimes she is ruthless, she is nice! Chef Robert is like a strict father. He said in Restaurant: impossible to manager ofa restaurant: 'are you nuts?' That really is scary but he is great chef I think!

8. Hungrylikdawolf says:

As with ALL reality shows this was scripted and acted out. Reality is such a misnomer. I just watch the show to get tips. I can care less about the lives of these fictional characters.

9. Mike says:

Not sure how anyone can claim this was rigged without some kind of evidence to that effect. How did a blind taste test get rigged?

10. Guest says:

Sorry, did you get to taste their food too??