Worst Cooks, Episode 6: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, February 7th, 2011

Kat was "traded" to the Red Team mid-season. "If I had her from the beginning, she might have won," says Chef Anne.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. This week, they bid farewell to Kat from Robert’s Team and Ty from Anne’s Team.

Anne on Kat: When we had to swap team members, I was really scared about Kat. She had done terribly before that. And all of a sudden, she came on my team and suddenly she turned a corner. Now I feel good about having her on my team, and I had really high hopes for her. If I had her from the beginning, she may have won. I did not have enough time with her. She made a big transformation on my team. Sometimes she’d just give up. In the game day challenge it was profiteroles she was making and she was going to give up; I told her she had enough time. She didn’t get sent home on that one. In the seafood challenge, the funniest moment was when Kat was cleaning the calamari and the little fish fell out! It was giant dirty calamari; they must have gone to the ends of the earth to find the dirtiest calamari that they could. This little fish came flying out and I happened to be standing there right when it happened. It was hilarious. I was bummed to send her home.

Ty's food failed to impress Chef Robert in last week's game day challenge, but the football players saved him. This week's undercooked okra was his final downfall.

Robert on Ty: Some women can deal with women better than they can with men. Kat was much more comfortable with Anne and much more confident with Anne. Ty, this guy wouldn’t shut up! I get the team-building and cheerleading and all of that, but come on. He was a character; he was funny. He was saved the week before because the football players actually liked his food. When you get six or eight big dudes liking your food, who’s going to argue with a football player?

Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

What to Watch: Let Food Network Magazine Take You On a Cross-Country Culinary Tour

Join Bobby Flay and Food Network Magazine on a cross-country culinary expedition to find the most-delicious dishes in the country....

1. tail11 says:

Kudos to Carlos and Kelsey cooking then tasting their Brussels sprouts. Just the smell of them cooking makes me gag!

I hope that Joshie gets his head back into the game, but I expect that Carlos will be representing the red team in the finale.

2. Chris says:

Congratulations to Kat. It surely was a huge jolt to find the sardine in her calamari but she didn't let it get to her and give up mid-stride like she has in the past. She really seemed to be picking up and learning… I'm just sorry it was too late in the game for her.

• tail11 says:

I thought about Kelly when Kat pulled the sardine out. That might have wigged her out a bit. Good for Kat by getting a laugh out of it and then back to work!

That sardine was as big as the squid!

3. valerie says:

I think Ty was trying to act like Aaron from Big Daddy's House so he would stand out from the crowd.

4. veronica walker says:

I hope everyone learns to cook for their family and friends.

5. Hank says:

Just loved the shows yesterday. I do the cooking in our house(male) and I learned some good tips. Thanks for your show. (Flipped back and forth between Superbowl and Foodtv)

6. chrissa lee says:

i am looking forward to being able to watch the re-run on wednesday…bummer,I liked Kat! Go,Carlos and Kelsey! anne ,you rock!!!!!!

7. Joyce Campbell says:

As someone who didn't learn to cook until I was 50, I can relate to a lot of this show. Watching the FN taught me to cook and now my family doesn't find excuses to leave at dinnertime anymore. In fact, I never seem to have enough to have leftovers these days. Thanks FN for keeping it real!

8. BrockLion says:

I love the show. I think I'm a better cook but I can certainly relate to most of the problems and I don't know if I could handle the time limits. Maybe that's the real difference between "cooks" and "chefs."

I don't like Brussel Sprouts either. I made a deal with my wife "not more than twice a year." Now I cook them twice a year in her memory, one serving only, never enough to have leftovers. :-)

• tail11 says:

You have more guts than I do Brock. My ex loved Brussels Sprouts. I couldn't even be in the house when she cooked them or ate them. I think it's quite the gesture to cook them in your wifes memory – good for you!

I'm learning a lot too. I never thought about the knife cuts and how important they are. My food usually tastes good, but it was a bit of an ugly duckling with the presentation. Now I'm slowing myself down and really working on my knife cuts and how the food looks on the plate. What does Chef Anne say? Feel the motion of the ocean!

9. Isabella says:

Going to miss Ty… Real shame :( was rooting for him 2 represent the blue in the finals

10. Erica says:

I believe Kelsey and Carlos will be the final two, but I am rooting for Kelsey. You go girl!

• tail11 says:

Georg may be the surprise sleeper though.

• droppin_gloves says:

I gotta go with Georg too — she's usually up near the top, I think she just had an off day. I'd actually call Kelsey the most vulnerable of the 4, but who knows, maybe some light bulb clicked on. Having said that, when there's only 4 left there's nobody left to hide behind, a bad day could even sink Carlos.

Ty and Kat, much fun as they were, were inevitably going down. I honestly can't figure out how they hung on this long.

• tail11 says:

I agree. Georg and Carlos have made a lot of progress. Kelsey slips up, but usually catches it. She's been lucky that she discovers her mistakes and corrects them before the clock eats her up. I think the strongest people are left and it's game on for them.

• Rooting for Georg too. She is the only one from Chef Robert's original team left, if not for the switch in team members, she'd for sure be going to the final … and if Kelsey burns anything this week, I don't think Robert will choose her.