Worst Cooks Premiere: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, January 3rd, 2011
Chefs Anne and Robert brace themselves for their first tasting on Season Two of Worst Cooks in America.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. Up first, it’s Eric from Robert’s Team and Lina from Anne’s Team. These two barely survived day one. What went wrong?

Lina looks pretty proud of her plate, but the missing sauce was her downfall, says Chef Anne.

Anne on Lina: Lina never finished. She never got all the food on her plate. She butchered her chicken upside down—a couple of people started trying to take the breast off by going through the backbone. Erika did it too, but Lina didn’t finish and that’s why she had to go home. There was no choice. I think Lina was just smiley and happy and cheery, she was like “I just got back from my honeymoon.” She was super sweet—I don’t think she realized how intense it actually was. Everybody when we showed up was so excited. It wasn’t until the first set of people got sent home that people realized how serious this is and actually how hard it is. Everybody kicked into gear after that.

Eric just didn't want to be there, says Chef Robert. Plus, his chicken with maraschino cherries scared the judges.

Robert on Eric: Eric, he didn’t really want to be there. He was trying to save his bar business, but the attitude wasn’t there. When he was doing things, it was haphazard. He didn’t care about it. He didn’t want to do it period. He was touching the chicken, then didn’t wash his hands. He was like, “What do I care?” He’d already checked out before he checked in.

Who do you think should have been the first Worst Cooks recruit sent packing?

Vote on Your Least-Favorite Foods as a Kid — Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off

On this past Sunday’s episode of Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off, the kids faced one of their toughest challenges yet, cooking their least-liked ...

1. D J says:

I really like both Anne and Robert, but I'm rooting for Anne to win. I think her recipes for the competitors are more suited to novice cooks than Robert's. So far Anne's recipes are cooked using two pans–one for main protein and then sauce, and one for a vegetable. The recipe of Robert's that stood out to me had one pan for turkey and sauce, another pot with multiple ingredients for cranberry compote, a third for creamed peas that had to be cooked, returned to the pot and a sauce made, and a fourth for frying potato rounds. I think even a novice cook should be able to watch two pans, and that's what most home cooks I know usually use–one pot for main dish, and another for a vegetable side. Expecting a novice cook to coordinate four dishes, plus sauces in four pots at once is unrealistic, in my opinion, and sets the cooks up to fail. Also, I think Chef Anne is better at walking around and giving some guidance to her team.

I enjoyed watching the videos of the chefs teaching each dish, and they seemed well within my abilities. The quantities for all ingredients was not in the videos (I realize they have to edit for the show, and maybe the contestants were actually shown the quantity, rather than the Chef voicing it, and the camera was on the pan on the stove, or something.) So, I too, would like to see the recipes posted, so I can try them at home.

Although, I am not cooking spinach like Anne showed in one of her recipes. I love spinach raw, and no matter how it's cooked I can't stand it. : – P

2. this is my favorite show next season i want to be part of the show i think chef anne my hero

3. Maria says:

I don't really know why they are trying to take people who make meals like squirt cheese on crackers into gourmet chefs. They really just need to learn how to cook, not how to be chefs. Do you think that by learning to cook these kinds of dishes they are really getting the skills to cook 21 meals a week at home? How many people cook this kind of food at home every day? Baby steps, people!!!

• Tiffany says:

I gotta agree with you. These people need to learn how to make simple home meals. A previous comment a few weeks ago said the team members should have a challenge to cook for some home cooks to see how they do making real food for real families. Fancy food and pretty plates are good and well for dinner parties but average American family is eating family style with bowls and platters of food and take a portion of food and pass it around. Lets see that challenge, we all know Chef Robert has cooked for huge numbers on Dinner Impossible.

4. I simply had to thank you so much again. I am not sure what I might have worked on in the absence of these strategies shared by you relating to such question. It has been a daunting setting for me personally, nevertheless taking note of the very expert technique you solved that made me to weep over gladness. I'm just grateful for the advice as well as trust you comprehend what an amazing job you are always getting into training other individuals all through your website. Most probably you've never come across any of us.

5. Hello.This post was extremely interesting, especially because I was looking for thoughts on this subject last week.

6. gadget zine says:

i found Worst Cooks Premiere: He Said, She Said | The FN Dish – Food Network Blog Very wonderful visual appeal on this web site , I'd value it 10 10.

7. wonderful put up, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector don’t understand this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!

8. powerpax says:

from}}. {Refreshing|Excellent|A breath of fresh air|Outstanding}!}

9. Pei Rostek says:

I’m not sure why but this website is filling extremely slow for me personally. Is someone else having this problem or would it be a problem on my personal end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

10. Hello! I simply wish to give a huge thumbs up for the nice information you’ve gotten here on this post. I will likely be coming again to your blog for more soon.