Worst Cooks Premiere: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, January 3rd, 2011
Chefs Anne and Robert brace themselves for their first tasting on Season Two of Worst Cooks in America.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. Up first, it’s Eric from Robert’s Team and Lina from Anne’s Team. These two barely survived day one. What went wrong?

Lina looks pretty proud of her plate, but the missing sauce was her downfall, says Chef Anne.

Anne on Lina: Lina never finished. She never got all the food on her plate. She butchered her chicken upside down—a couple of people started trying to take the breast off by going through the backbone. Erika did it too, but Lina didn’t finish and that’s why she had to go home. There was no choice. I think Lina was just smiley and happy and cheery, she was like “I just got back from my honeymoon.” She was super sweet—I don’t think she realized how intense it actually was. Everybody when we showed up was so excited. It wasn’t until the first set of people got sent home that people realized how serious this is and actually how hard it is. Everybody kicked into gear after that.

Eric just didn't want to be there, says Chef Robert. Plus, his chicken with maraschino cherries scared the judges.

Robert on Eric: Eric, he didn’t really want to be there. He was trying to save his bar business, but the attitude wasn’t there. When he was doing things, it was haphazard. He didn’t care about it. He didn’t want to do it period. He was touching the chicken, then didn’t wash his hands. He was like, “What do I care?” He’d already checked out before he checked in.

Who do you think should have been the first Worst Cooks recruit sent packing?

Guy Fieri on the Family Dynamics at Play on Triple G: Family Style

Guy Fieri reveals what makes the upcoming Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition so unique....

1. Richard says:

Just lost all respect for Anne Burrell – either she needs to seek therapy for putting such a high cost on not getting a second piece of chicken on the plate (by what 5 secs woulda done it?), or there's some overriding going on by the producers or someone.

2. Chef Dan says:

As a professional chef since 1980, I understand the importance of timing, but these are home cooks, who are not going to be fired if dinner ends up on the table at 6:01. I noticed more serious issues with other cooks who would have been on the top of my list to go home first. Lina would have gotten another chance in my kitchen. Love the show, hoping Robert takes it home!

3. dgc2656 says:

I would like to see the recipe's to each episode published on this site one week before the episode airs, it would give the viewers the opportunity to make each dish. People at home would then be able to compare themselves to the contestants and therefor improve their own abilities by following along.

4. Margaret says:

I think Ann will beat Robert's team buy a mile.

5. Chad says:

I agree with what they said. Anne was sweet and very nice but she really didn't pay attention and how to cut up the chicken is a big part of that dish. As for Robert well if you don't fallow how to keep the place clean and sanitary your going to make people very sick. In truth I wouldn't want to drink at his bar if his place is like his cleaning habits.

6. Chad says:

btw you guys know what would make a good challenge to the cooks. I am a home cook myself with some professional training, and i pride myself on my cooking. Have the worse cooks try to impress a down home picky country cook, Kinda like myself. Someone who knows how to cook at home and cooks for their family a lot! Now i bet that would be a mess for them.

7. asil70 says:

Not for anything but I don't know how some of these people were chosen only because some looked like they were just playing a part to get on the show and also from what my brother said who tried out but didn't get picked(He had the tuna pineapple sliders(it was on the first show-"it's like a luau in your mouth"!LOL) He didn't mind not getting picked but there were people who I won't name that got picked that were in fron of him and behind him that really didn't need to be there.But that's all I'll say.I like the show but it comes down to what is going to get them the ratings and I think they stuck out this season.Just my opinion

• Cornelia J. Rice says:

I just saw the food they brought to their auditions, I almost brought my dinner back to the for front. They all need to be there. The price of food need not be butchered by any of them that way. I love to cook. I mix around with of herbs and flavors. Some work well and others, let just say only me and my trash can knows the truth. But I work it several times before anyone taste a bite of it. If it not pleasing to the eyes and smells, your taste buds will not be happy.

8. Cornelia J. Rice says:

I feel from my heart, that cooking comes from soul of you. It is a gift that is giving to you. I watch my Grandmother cook, My Mother cook, and any woman that didn't mind a kid in her kitchen cook. I'm southern diva cook by nature but I did two yrs in a cooking school to fine my craft. What I have learn over the yrs is that everybody can eat but not everybody can cook.I have taken other peoples recipes (even from food networks), done them by the letter, then tweeted them to make them into my style of cooking.So you to the ones who think you are the Worst Cook, you in the right please, Food Network….thanks

9. Rick says:

Obviously Kat Rose is the Best Cook on the show.

10. Christine says:

I really enjoy this show. First let me say that I think it is sad to see people who were never taught even the basics of cooking by anyone. I started learning to cook at a very young age. I watched my mother, grandmother, aunts, and uncles cook many different dishes. I was given age appropriate tasks and eventually was cooking and baking on my own. I used the same approach with my own kids. They were all expected to participate even if it was only to set the table or load the dishwasher. It gave them a sense of appreciation of the time and love that goes in to preparing food for your family and friends.