Worst Cooks, Episode 4: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, January 24th, 2011

After a lighthearted burger challenge, the recruits had to prepare elegant meals for Chefs Anne and Robert. Erika and Anna ran into major problems.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. This week, at the season’s halfway mark, they bid farewell to Anna from Robert’s Team and Erika from Anne’s Team.

Erika surprised Chef Anne by coming a long, long way during her stint in boot camp.

Anne on Erika: At first, I wasn’t taking her seriously. She started out making the bologna quesadilla and drawing hearts and flowers with spray cheese on Saltines. And then she actually got a lot better. She buckled down but would revert back sometimes.Erika actually did transform herself a lot. She’d been on Beauty and the Geek, so at first I thought, this girl is just about being on TV. And then I started to take her a little bit seriously. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and she actually won a challenge or two. She made it halfway through.

Anna's first dish, a frittata cooked in inches of olive oil, earned her a nickname from Chef Robert.

Robert on Anna: Olive Oil Anna. She’d put a gallon of olive oil in everything. She’s Italian and her mother told her she’s not married because she doesn’t know how to cook. Her mother, a great Italian cook, wouldn’t let her in the kitchen. Anna got her act together and was pretty good by the end. She did very well; she got her station clear and she would work well, but then she’d mess it up, overcooking and over-seasoning. We had the one-on-one meal together. Oh, it was awful. She works long hours at the hospital; she still lives at home with her mother. It would be interesting to see if she’s done any cooking since the show.

See what Anna and Erika are up to in their exit interviews. And don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

Explore America’s Best-Ever Pizzas, BBQ, Breakfasts and Burgers on All-New Series

When you consider classic eats like pizza, barbecue, breakfast and burgers, there’s surely no shortage of restaurants at which to find them; fro...

1. dee says:

one of the most ridiculous shows on tv and tv is getting worse by the moment. I don't know who would waste their time watching this program. I've only seen the commercials and that's more than i want to see.

• Worst Cooks Watcher says:

it's not much better than reality TV shows, which in my opinion dishes out the worst scenes to create drama. However, I would rather watch this than Real Housewives and other reality shows. At least, with this show you may be able to learn something.

Unfortunately, this is the current trend – reality TV…so it's not going away for a while.

• Betty says:

I love the show … it is amazing how you actually took the time to post that.

• MarineWife says:

This show is entertaining. You must have saw something you liked otherwise why would you actually come to this site? I've tried out a couple of their dishes at home. And there great. Its not just a reality show. You do learn things from the chefs. If you want to bash a show. Go pick one on MTV. Theres plenty of choices there.

• Sarah Putnam says:

This is actually a show about learning how to cook wrapped up in a reality competition. The winner is the one who makes the most improvement in the final challenge.

2. annie says:

I enjoy watching both chefs on their other shows to. This is just a fun competition between the two and makes for good TV . You can also learn what not to do in the kitchen. I also enjoy both of the Chef's other show's on food network keep em' coming!

3. tail11 says:

This show has inspired me to try Chef Anne's lamb chops and pommes. I'm not a fan of black lickerish so I won't do the fennel salad. Opting for sauteed green beans and carrots instead. Going to have fun in the kitchen tonight thanks to Chef Anne!

I wish they would at least mention what wine would go well with this dish.

• Cherubcrnp says:

How did it turn out? That is one recipe that I want to make

• tail11 says:

This recipe knocked it outta the ballpark! I didn't make the fennel salad because I don't care for the lickerish taste. I was telling myself that I'd probably need black pepper because I usually pepper up my potatoes, but I didn't have to add salt or pepper to anything.

The only Kosher salt I had on hand was Kosher Sea Salt. Worked like a champ! The only variance I made was to add a few drops of lemon into the tapanade. I had a small lemon and when I tasted it, I felt that it needed just a bit more zing.

It's a bit expensive to buy all the ingredients, but well worth a treat every once in awhile. I ended up removing the bones myself (use a boning knife and it's a snap).

I'm looking so forward to making more of Chef Anne's dishes!

4. Linny says:

I think Anne has a crush on Joshie!

5. Cherubcrnp says:

I wish they would post each of the recipes that Chef Anne and Chef Robert are having the recruits prepare. I am sure there are many of us that would like them

• tail11 says:

They are online. Go to the main Worst Cooks page, then select episodes. There is a box that says recipes, click on that and that will give you the written. There are videos of each Chef showing the recruits how to make the dish.

6. Char says:

I really wish Beau had come back on the Worst Cooks show. Robert does not come across as really caring for any of his "boot camp" trainees. His ego is all he is caring about and how he will be represented at the end. There is no warm, fuzzy feeling between the banter of Anne (who is wonderful as a teacher) and Mr stuffed shirt of Robert. Please bring back Beau!!!!!!!!!!

7. vicki says:

I love the show. Both chef robert and chef anne are great they are so different from each other, makes it great for them to be together on the show. Would nt want two alike that woud be boaring. The little'spenster girl with her bright eyes gives me a laugh everytime she has to deal with meat or fish you know she truly did not have a clue but i thinkj she is doing real good . and joshie once he settled down a bit is showing great improvement too

8. Audrey says:

I just love this show!! I would have liked season two more if they had brought Beau back but thats alright! :)
    I am 13 and am already cooking all our familys meals! Anne really inspires me!

9. I like this site very much, Its a rattling nice situation to read and find info .

10. gjaiowejaiow says:

I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours Worst Cooks, Episode 4: He Said, She Said | FN Dish – Food Network Blog. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.