Worst Cooks, Episode 4: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, January 24th, 2011

After a lighthearted burger challenge, the recruits had to prepare elegant meals for Chefs Anne and Robert. Erika and Anna ran into major problems.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. This week, at the season’s halfway mark, they bid farewell to Anna from Robert’s Team and Erika from Anne’s Team.

Erika surprised Chef Anne by coming a long, long way during her stint in boot camp.

Anne on Erika: At first, I wasn’t taking her seriously. She started out making the bologna quesadilla and drawing hearts and flowers with spray cheese on Saltines. And then she actually got a lot better. She buckled down but would revert back sometimes.Erika actually did transform herself a lot. She’d been on Beauty and the Geek, so at first I thought, this girl is just about being on TV. And then I started to take her a little bit seriously. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and she actually won a challenge or two. She made it halfway through.

Anna's first dish, a frittata cooked in inches of olive oil, earned her a nickname from Chef Robert.

Robert on Anna: Olive Oil Anna. She’d put a gallon of olive oil in everything. She’s Italian and her mother told her she’s not married because she doesn’t know how to cook. Her mother, a great Italian cook, wouldn’t let her in the kitchen. Anna got her act together and was pretty good by the end. She did very well; she got her station clear and she would work well, but then she’d mess it up, overcooking and over-seasoning. We had the one-on-one meal together. Oh, it was awful. She works long hours at the hospital; she still lives at home with her mother. It would be interesting to see if she’s done any cooking since the show.

See what Anna and Erika are up to in their exit interviews. And don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

Guy Reveals 8 Techniques to Survive Guy’s Grocery Games

Guy’s Grocery Games: the only show where chefs have the supermarket to themselves, have to cook in it and have the chance to win some serious do...

1. CelticsGirl says:

Those burgers looked really disgusting to look at. You couldn't pay me enough money to eat those burgers if they were seved to me. I know I sound really harsh but I've been cooking at home for over 2 years and I make the best burgers. I make Feta-Stuffed Sirloin Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Mayonnaise, Jalapeno Burgers, Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers, North African Style Burgers, Chimichurri Burgers, Sicilian Burgers, Greek Salmon Burgers, South-of-the-Border Salmon Burgers, etc. I cook without borders.

• Dr. Foodie says:

Two whole years?? Perhaps when you've been cooking for 20 you'll have a little compassion.

• Si rT says:

The best burgers? Wow! When is your show on the Food Network? I sure don't want to miss it.

• CelticsGirl says:

I don't have a show on the Food Network. I have a food blog about all the healthy recipes I cook if you want me to share it with you.

• Isabel Animal lover says:

you shouldn't eat burgers in the first place! thats animal cruelty. Shame on you! One day i hope that the world will learn to not be selfish, and not kill others for the well being of themsleves. maybe one day we wont all be murderers. (:
      Not to hate or anything….
      also, go to http://www.squishable.com and buy a squishable! They're so cute, i got mine today!

2. Kindred says:

actually, cooking burgers from scratch (as opposed to frozen patties) is not as simple as it might seem, especially for the inexperienced. Your instinct is to check/turn the burger… and if you do that before it's seared enough, the burger falls apart. The contestants' butgers definitely needed some work, but for first time efforts were not as bad as I have seen. (and I've been cooking for 25+ years).

3. Jfap says:

Why in the world are they using electric stoves, bad idea, especially for someone learning to cook.?

• Kindred says:

Actually, as much as I prefer gas, electric 1- gives a more even heat, 2- is less likely to overheat the meal and 3- is what most people have in their house/apartment. Remember, these people are being taught to cook as a game show AND so they have some skills they can use when they leave.

4. Jfap says:

I really want the sliced potato recipe that Anne's team made……looked really good. I will be sure to use a non stick pan…LOL.

5. thinkaboutit says:

The show is called "Worst Cooks in America", so why is the worst cook sent home each week? They should be the ones to stay. It would be better if each cook stayed for the full term and the cook that improves the most at the end, wins. At least give them each a chance to learn to cook.

6. Mary says:

Here it is Tuesday, and I still haven't stopped laughing about Chef Anne's comment, "F stands for freaking disgusting." This week's episode was pretty funny. I especially loved when Chef Robert "consoled" Chef Anne with a little hug when her team was doing so poorly in the burger challenge.

7. john says:

dear chef anne and chef robert:

I really like to say, your show is the best. the show brought the love of cooking, back into my heart! You guy's make it fun, to cook again. I'm planning go to International cul. cooking. So! When i open a restaurant, I want to bring dishes from different part's of europe. Beside's my son, you two give me insperation back in cooking. It took a car, fall on top of me to relize it.

8. Rita in Kansas says:

I never knew Ann before she did this show but I love her she is great in the kitchen and seems like a very nice person hope you keep the show going

9. Rita says:

Its crazy to me Why do all these cooks on all the cooking shows not have to tie there hair up that is so gross my mother would not let us in the kitchen with our hair down that is the most discusting thing to find a hair in food But all the shows do it guess they think they have to look good ha rather them be clean

10. tail11 says:

I must say that I probably wore out my hard disk on my tivo re-watching Chef Anne priceless look when she said she didn't like one of the burgers. She is quite the character and adds a lot of quirky fun to the show. I enjoy watching her other show as well.

I have learned tons by watching the chefs and the cooks preparing meals. I think I learn more by watching them make mistakes than just by emulating the chefs. I think it's one of my most favorite reality show because it's real.