Worst Cooks, Episode 3: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, January 17th, 2011
Three weeks in, Robert and Anne are still scared to watch some of their recruits in the kitchen.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. This week, they bid farewell to Matt from Robert’s Team and Priscilla from Anne’s Team.

"Priscilla was her own worst enemy," says Chef Anne. "She'd psych herself out."

Anne on Priscilla: Oh, Priscilla. Running around with the knife, she was just a whirling dervish. She’d psych herself out; she would get so wound up. She was a teacher who’s used to being in charge and not used to being the student. So she would kind of talk back to us, and I said, “You know Priscilla, what would you feel like if one of your students said this to you?” She said, “I would not accept it.” She would spin out of control. She really scared me a few times, running around with her knife pointed in the air, and she cut her finger one time and continued to cook with it, blood everywhere. But you know what, I really liked her. She’s a nice lady. I felt terrible about sending her home. She actually really wanted to learn. I think if she were to get in a one-on-one setting, not with all the challenges and the time and all that, she probably could learn. She was her own worst enemy.

"Matt never relaxed," says Chef Robert. "It was like somebody gave him 20 shots of espresso in the morning."

Robert on Matt: Matt was scared of his own shadow. But a super guy, a nice guy. As far as cooking skills, if you looked at him the wrong way he would probably pee his pants. He was that scared. We were outside and he was cutting with a knife; I thought he was going to take his fingers off. Matt never relaxed. It was like somebody gave him 20 shots of espresso in the morning and he didn’t stop. No expression. I didn’t know if he was going to cry, laugh, or hit me!

Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

“It’s Dress-Up Time Again” — Alton’s After-Show

From souffle suits to Greek-inspired togas, Alton Brown‘s not one to shy away from costumes, as the Cutthroat Kitchen host has gleefully auction...

1. CelticsGirl says:

If anyone needs help learning to cook healthy meals, I highly recommend this website: http://www.katieinthekitchenherethere.blogspot.co…. This blog has wonderful recipes and commentary.

2. poetsprose says:

I won't watch the show because Ann Burrell and Robert Irvine are all about themselves and humiliate and intimidate these poor people and you do not learn through intimidation.

They also make statements to the effect of "I don't want to be embarrassed by what these people do". That is sad because they are just thinking of themselves and not teaching.

3. gumdrop says:

I would like to see someone else hosting the show as I think these two are too over the top and scare these people. Also seasoning is a matter of personnel taste. I use very little salt because of blood pressure but Ann uses so much in her regular show I would probably have a stroke from her use. Love the people on the show but it is hard to believe that they have NO cooking skills.

4. Chris says:

'The Worst Cooks' is the stupidest show I have EVER witnessed!!! You've GOT to be kidding…..you ARE kidding, right???? I'd rather be staring at the nigh sky with my darkest sunglasses on for an hour, rather than watch this program….absolutely YUCK!!! And, does no good for ANYBODY!!!..:(

• momof2rascals says:

Then don't watch it.

• terri says:

Agree!! Can't believe this is even on the network! What happened to the CLASS of The Food Network!
      Are they trying to compete with "The Cable Guy" for ratings?
      Trash!

• Cassie says:

then y in the world are you watching. no one is telling you 2 change the channel. oh wait let me guess you dont have a remote and you have to watch cause you are way to lazy to get up and change the channel. If you think about it everyone deserves the chance to try something. get off yourself…..

• IBLeevNMiracles says:

CHANGE THE CHANNEL, CHRIS

• Worst Cooks Watcher says:

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and choice of TV shows to watch. You should not waste your time on this show and this post if you don't like it.

For the rest of us that love, it's an awesome reality and cooking show on FN. Iron Chef is awesome but honestly, our own kitchen battles are nothing like Iron Chef so this, to me is representing the struggles everyday people like us have in the kitchen. So I'm proud to watch this show and got 2 of my co-workers to watch it too.

It may not do anything for you but that's not true for everybody.

5. judy says:

How stupid can these people be? Scary- they take care of kids, drive a car, have some kind of job-God help us!

• marilyn says:

News Flash: If you don't like something…don't watch!!!! The show is cute…and funny. Watching something you don't like, and then complaining (when you've got a remote)…..is stupid.

6. Marci Jones says:

I love the show the chefs and the contestants the show is very compelling and I can't wait til the next week to see what the challenges are gonna be. I am rooting for Erica but I too think Shef Robert is HOT

Marci in OKC

7. Margaret says:

You go Anne Burrel
    YOUR TEAM WILL WIN LIKE YOU DID THE LAST TIME.!!!!!!!
    You ought to call the it The Anne Burrel Chef's Academy . How about that?

8. Cassie says:

I think it is a great thing that Chef Robert and Chef Anne are doing, they are taking people that want to learn to cook and teaching them. BRAVO to both of you… I love watching all the shows on food network. I have learned alot from watching ALL the GREAT CHEFS.

I do have to say there are some really SEXY CHEFS ON HERE….

9. Nana says:

I've been an avid viewer of Anne and Robert for some time, and would love to see them share their knowledge and talents through a more positive venue. Granted the premise may not sell as well with the network, but I wonder if they realize the impact they could have with viewers who are just beginning their experiences in the kitchen. I hope the contestants who were not up to the challenges of 'The Worst Cook' boot camp can find their way to others who enjoy the time and love shared in the kitchen.

10. What is with the long hair hanging down while preparing food? I can't think of anything worse than finding a hair in your food. Poor Josh just stuck a spoon back in the bowl and Ann had a heart attack over it. She didn't want to taste it but she tasted what was under it so what is the difference? What about her wild hair? She looks like she just got electrocuted…
    Seems like there are some pre-determined favorites on the show. I was bummed to see Anna go tonight. I think the red head screwed up more than she did all along.

• Eliza says:

Yeah, but chef Robert would never send celsea home because that would be admitting a mistake. And as for Joshie's food tasting, the spoon in the bowl was inedible, but last season someone cut their finger and didn't know when, but she said she'd risk it. Isn't even a little blood worse than a trace of saliva????