Worst Cooks, Episode 2: He Said, She Said

by in Shows, January 10th, 2011

Anne and Robert are happy to be on the farm...but not so excited to taste the recruits' omelets.

After each elimination on Worst Cooks in America this season, chefs Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine share their candid impressions of the booted recruits with the FN Dish. This week, they bid farewell to Jeff from Robert’s Team and Anthony from Anne’s Team.

Anthony started each challenge strong but always managed to crash and burn, says Chef Anne.

Anne on Anthony: He was totally a mama’s boy. But he talked a good game. He ran marathons; he’s an engineer; he’s a smart guy. He talked about really being passionate, but every time we would give him a challenge, he’d shoot strong out of the box and halfway through he’d crash and burn, get stuck, and never really finish. He said he would go over to his mom’s house every night for dinner and he didn’t have a girlfriend because of it. He said he’s the baby of the family; he never took responsibility for himself. It’s so amazing how people’s behavior in the kitchen really mirrors how they are in real life. And on the flipside, as you see their confidence grow in the kitchen, you see that sprouting to other parts of their life. It’s kind of cool when that transformation happens.

Jeff made a lasting impression on Chef Robert on day one, when he tore chicken with his hands.

Robert on Jeff: This is the guy that ripped the chicken with his hands. He was like survivor man. He thought he was good looking and all the chicks digged him. His station was always a mess. He’d touch things like chicken and then go on to do something else, wouldn’t even bother washing his hands. He did fancy himself a little. Zero cooking skills. He would finish his plates and then eat off the plate. He would taste it with his fingers that he hasn’t washed. I screamed at him one time, and he says, “I’m tasting my food.”

Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Worst Cooks recruit in our Fan Vote, up to 10 times per day.

Judge Marc Summers Previews Rewrapped

For years, Marc Summers revealed the whats and hows of timeless snack foods on Food Network’s Unwrapped. And beginning tomorrow, he’ll be...

1. CVSumner says:

I really enjoy watching this show. I have over thirty years of Restaurant Experience. My Strengths while I was able to work was Employee Training. It is amazing to take people that have little experience in cooking and execute the dishes that you do. I really enjoyed the first season and the the outcome was a surprise. It takes a tremendous talent to be successful in training people that are not proffessional cooks to execute what you do in the little time that you are really given to do it in. Hope I get to meet you all someday thanks for a show that is not only challenging but is interesting, and entertaining as well.

2. dkbz says:

She probably wears skirts in the kitchen for the same reason that Mario Batali wears shorts and orange clogs in the kitchen. I imagine it's a certain level of comfort.

3. -Bo says:

Kat was the best on the blue team on episode one but one of the worst on episode two, I guess that is for the ratings and the viewers. Obviously Kat is the best Cook on the show so far and one of the most entertaining. She's fun to watch…

4. Al. says:

So if the show is "Worst Cooks in America", why do they send the worst one home and keep the best. Perhaps the show should be called "The Best of the Worst Cooks in America"

5. Sue says:

Could not agree more.

6. JoSails says:

Would someone give these people instant read thermometers? OMG, I cringe every time I see someone destroy a piece of meat! OMG!!

7. momof2rascals says:

I love this show. I am proud to say I would never qualify to be on this show, because I am not a bad cook. My husband says he is spoiled and thinks it is sometimes a bad thing because he doesn't like anyone else's cooking but mine.

8. mazz says:

ann id really like to see u paired up with some1 like bobby flay or michael symon for this show maybe next season. lol that would be great to watch u beat one of them. or even maybe alton brown or even giada de leurantis. lol that would be so funny. i think the show is a riot anyways cause i can cook and i got all my skill from watching u on tv. lol and learned alot just copying ur recipes. lol

9. edfshr says:

I like this show. I normally hate "reality" shows because there is so much politicking and backstabbing among the contestants. In this show, each contestant stands on their own merits.

I am not a bad cook, some would same that I am "good" even, but I can relate to the contestants because they are pushed into scenarios that I have avoided, tasting of food while cooking (I rely on the recipe), use of a fry pan (I am more likely to bake so I don't risk setting off the smoke detector), plating (just never thought of it).

In Season 1, the timing of the episodes was different. The Chefs said "tomorrow" a lot and I got the feeling the whole thing happened in perhaps a week. In Season two people are saying "next week", "last week", I suspect that is just for the show and it really all happened in just 10 to 14 days. It is obvious that some training happened that was not included in the show, I'd like to see that if there is a DVD someday.

The bits about how to do this or that, they all seem a little too fast., recording the show helps.

Please keep it going for more seasons.

10. Betty says:

I enjoy the show. I have been meaning to tell Anne that the first show taught me how to hold that knife! She was so adamant with her team and putting the marker on the finger was such a good idea. I really did learn from it. Sorry I am so slow in talking about this. I do not think I am the worst nor the best of cooks. But I do enjoy cooking for my family.