Every Saturday morning in January, Sandra Lee teams up with the FN Dish to bring you budget-friendly tips for creating delicious dishes and meals for your family. From the supermarket to the stove, she’ll help you stretch every dollar and minute.
This week, Sandra shares five surprising grocery store swaps that will save you money and time.
1. 80% lean beef costs nearly half the price of 93% lean beef.
2. Using spicy brown mustard instead of Dijon will save you 53%.
3. Use conventional brown rice over instant brown rice and save 82%.
4. Canola oil is 70% less expensive than peanut oil, so try that for frying.
5. Buy sliced mushrooms. They cost the same as whole mushrooms and you save time by not slicing.
- What to Watch: Down Home Cooking on The Kitchen and Special Guest Alex Guarnaschelli on Food Network Star
- Guy Fieri and His Family Are Crisscrossing the Country on an Epic Family Road Trip
- What to Watch: The Perfect Burger on The Kitchen and Finalists Try to Beat Bobby Flay on Food Network Star
- What to Watch: A Family Showdown on Triple G and Guest Judge Tiffani Thiessen on Food Network Star