Every Saturday morning in January, Sandra Lee teams up with the FN Dish to bring you budget-friendly tips for creating delicious dishes and meals for your family. From the supermarket to the stove, she’ll help you stretch every dollar and minute.
This week, Sandra shares five surprising grocery store swaps that will save you money and time.
1. 80% lean beef costs nearly half the price of 93% lean beef.
2. Using spicy brown mustard instead of Dijon will save you 53%.
3. Use conventional brown rice over instant brown rice and save 82%.
4. Canola oil is 70% less expensive than peanut oil, so try that for frying.
5. Buy sliced mushrooms. They cost the same as whole mushrooms and you save time by not slicing.
- Exclusive: Geoffrey Zakarian Previews the New Season of Cooks vs. Cons
- What to Watch: Cooling Down on Valerie’s Home Cooking and Decadent Desserts on Guy’s Grocery Games
- “If This Doesn’t Move, This Isn’t That Bad” — Alton’s After-Show
- Ted Allen on What Makes Chopped So Popular, and Why He’d Never Compete