Every Saturday morning in January, Sandra Lee teams up with the FN Dish to bring you budget-friendly tips for creating delicious dishes and meals for your family. From the supermarket to the stove, she’ll help you stretch every dollar and minute.
This week, Sandra shares five surprising grocery store swaps that will save you money and time.
1. 80% lean beef costs nearly half the price of 93% lean beef.
2. Using spicy brown mustard instead of Dijon will save you 53%.
3. Use conventional brown rice over instant brown rice and save 82%.
4. Canola oil is 70% less expensive than peanut oil, so try that for frying.
5. Buy sliced mushrooms. They cost the same as whole mushrooms and you save time by not slicing.
- Where to Start and What to Make: The Kitchen’s Guide to Culinary Basics
- What to Watch: Family Bonding on Farmhouse Rules and the Series Premiere of All-Star Academy
- The All-Star Academy Mentors Talk Competitive Strategy — and Some Serious Smack
- One of These Things Is Not Like the Other — Chopped After Hours