Every Saturday morning in January, Sandra Lee teams up with the FN Dish to bring you budget-friendly tips for creating delicious dishes and meals for your family. From the supermarket to the stove, she’ll help you stretch every dollar and minute.
This week, Sandra offers strategies for keeping grocery bills low.
1. 75% of grocery coupons come from the newspaper, so buy two or three copies to save even more!
2. Families who join food co-ops save 20% to 40% on their weekly grocery bills.
3. Only 5% of consumers use the mail-in rebates for cash refunds. Take the time to send them in and save.
4. Buying foods like rice, grains and dried fruit in bulk can save you anywhere from 30% to 96%.
5. On average, produce travels 1,500 miles to get to your table. Shopping at a farm stand saves money on transportation and is good for the environment.
- 3 Breakfast Smoothies That Will Transform Your Morning Routine
- Ina Garten Visits the Nation’s Capital and the White House in a Special Barefoot in Washington
- What to Watch: It’s Guys’ Night at Ayesha Curry’s House and Flavortown Gets Fried on Triple G
- One-on-One with the Chopped: Beat Bobby Flay, Part 1 Champion