Ooey, Gooey, Good: National Chocolate Cake Day

by in Holidays, Recipes, January 27th, 2011
Molten Chocolate Cake
Baking perfect Molten Chocolate Cake is easy with Food Network Magazine's step-by-step how-to.

You hardly need a dedicated day to appreciate the lusciousness of chocolate cake (every day is chocolate cake day in my mind), but an excuse to indulge is always welcome. So why not give an impressive Valentine’s Day sweet a practice spin? Go ahead and mix up Molten Chocolate Cake with this step-by-step guide from Food Network Magazine.

Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake
Paula's Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake is a quick and easy stand-by cake to love.

Or, if you didn’t have January 27th circled and starred on your calendar and you’re short on time – Paula’s popular Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake can be thrown together with a cake mix and a few other stand-by ingredients (yes, including lots of butter).

German Chocolate Cake With Coconut-Pecan Cajeta Frosting
Bobby's German Chocolate Cake is perfect for any occasion and always sure to impress.

If you prefer your chocolate cakes Iron Chef-style, try Bobby’s Throwdown creation, a cake with a long title and tons of complex flavors: German Chocolate Cake With Coconut-Pecan Cajeta Frosting. Coffee and buttermilk add unexpected bursts of flavor to the cake. And what is cajeta? It’s another term for dulce de leche, a caramel-like mixture popular in Mexican and South American sweets.

How are you celebrating National Chocolate Cake Day?

Gnocchi with Squash and Kale — Meatless Monday

Although summer’s juicy tomatoes and sweet peaches are nearly a thing of a past, fall brings with it an abundance of produce too: Welcome to the...

1. cristina meneses says:

Chocolate" mencanta.

2. These all look fantastic! I actually had the pleasure of making Bobby's german chocolate cake at Bar Americain here in NYC! We have our own version of a delicious chocolate cake. The secret is the sour cream! Find out how to make it at:

Happy baking!

3. Diana Evans says:

oh my kind of day!!!!!

4. Carol Hammer says:

All you chocolate lovers out there. These sound like to die for

5. Carol says:

I am dieing for these recipes, but there is an error on the page while downloading!!!

6. rakellee says:

why is there a picture of the molten chocolate cake from chili's on here?

7. Sheila says:

You know, the contestants on Chopped don't have to be ugly to each other. Some of them are just mean & that doesn't help the show.

8. text donate says:

Every day is chocolate cake day :) I especially love German chocolate cake. My grandma's chocolate cake, though, was always my favorite growing up. I couldn't tell you why, there's just nothing else like it. I miss her most when I think of memories like that :'-) Give back, everyone, while you're still here. Find a cause to give to and help them out. Text a donation in seconds. The numbers are at text donate.

9. I am often to bloggifngff and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

10. Ive to convey my respect for your kindness for all those that require guidance on this 1 field. Your unique commitment to passing the solution up and down has been extremely functional and has continually empowered many people just like me to achieve their dreams.