Food Network’s New In the Kitchen App by Michelle Buffardi in News, November 9th, 2010
- Comments (40)
Some things every home cook needs, whether you’re a novice or a pro: measuring cups and spoons, a good set of pots and pans, a kitchen timer and trusted recipes. Great news — the last two are available in a new Food Network mobile app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad that you can hold in your fingertips (while using your pots and pans).
Food Network’s new recipe app debuted last week, and Sunny Anderson and some network execs sat down in the Food Network kitchens to talk about its features which include:
- All 45,000 Food Network recipes
- A built-in unit converter (so you’re never stumped about how many tablespoons there are in a cup, or how many pints in a quart)
- A kitchen timer
- A recipe box, which is synced with your recipe box on foodnetwork.com
- A shopping list that you can add items to from individual recipes
- The ability to email and share favorite recipes on Facebook and Twitter
When asked what she liked about the app, Sunny was quick to praise the kitchen timer, which saves her boyfriend from having to watch the clock while she’s at work in the kitchen. She also loves that the app automatically updates with seasonal content, and when new recipes are added to foodnetwork.com.
Have you checked out the new In the Kitchen app yet? Get yours — or give it as a gift — at the Apple App Store.