Food Network’s New In the Kitchen App

by in News, November 9th, 2010
Food Network's new In the Kitchen app is available for iPad, iPhone and iPad touch.

Some things every home cook needs, whether you’re a novice or a pro: measuring cups and spoons, a good set of pots and pans, a kitchen timer and trusted recipes. Great news — the last two are available in a new Food Network mobile app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad that you can hold in your fingertips (while using your pots and pans).

Sunny Anderson and Food Network execs answer questions about the app on a panel moderated by Amy Cao, Creator of Amy Blogs Chow and Social Media Director at Foodspotting. Photo: Tom Censani

Food Network’s new recipe app debuted last week, and Sunny Anderson and some network execs sat down in the Food Network kitchens to talk about its features which include:

• All 45,000 Food Network recipes
  • A built-in unit converter (so you’re never stumped about how many tablespoons there are in a cup, or how many pints in a quart)
  • A kitchen timer
  • A recipe box, which is synced with your recipe box on foodnetwork.com
  • A shopping list that you can add items to from individual recipes
  • The ability to email and share favorite recipes on Facebook and Twitter

When asked what she liked about the app, Sunny was quick to praise the kitchen timer, which saves her boyfriend from having to watch the clock while she’s at work in the kitchen. She also loves that the app automatically updates with seasonal content, and when new recipes are added to foodnetwork.com.

Have you checked out the new In the Kitchen app yet? Get yours — or give it as a gift — at the Apple App Store.

This Massive Pumpkin Pie Required 40 Chefs and Two Excavators to Make

Anyone waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive this year can at least settle for a great big pumpkin pie. Chefs in Changsha, China, recently baked a 1...

1. frankcesca says:

another voice in the Android chorus. pretty please, FN!

2. mnn says:

have you guys at fn used android well apps r much more faster n usabl on droids ….it needs to be done you r a brand name …u ll be losing your customers soon……

3. cindy says:

I was very excited aboit this but now I am disappointed as I have a Blackberry. Please make this app available for other phones besides iPhones.

4. SeattleGuy says:

android app please please please

5. TheGiraffe says:

Need to get the Food Network on my Android tablet in the kitchen, please create Android app! :)

6. Lynda says:

My ipad app is telling me that I am in "offline mode" and that I need to connect to the internet, but I already am connected to my household internet. Any help on how to get out of offline mode and access my app?

7. sue kaye says:

I too would love to have the android app.

8. Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is really a terrific website.

9. Heather says:

Please make the Food Network In the Kitchen and the new Cupcake app available for Android! Please!! I love Food Network and would be so great to have it available on my Droid phone, thank you!

10. Hi there all, here every person is sharing such know-how, so it’s pleasant to read this webpage, and I used to visit this webpage every day.