We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Fall Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, it’s time to seriously ponder sweet potato sides. What will it be this year – mashed, baked, stuffed or smashed? Here are some top recipe picks from Food Network chefs.
Tyler’s Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan and Marshmallow Streusel (pictured above)
This twice-baked potato has everything: fresh sweet potatoes, toasted pecans, a touch of cinnamon and, of course, melted marshmallows.
Bobby’s Smoked Chile Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
For a twist on tradition, Bobby makes a spicy and sweet version of scalloped potatoes sure to wow a crowd.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving sweet potato side? Shout it out in the comments, or share your favorite recipes on Twitter at #fallfood.
More Favorite Sweet Potato Dishes with Friends and Family:
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: Sweet Potato Cupcakes With Marshmallow Topping
- Roberto at Food2: Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Liz at Healthy Eats: Sweet Potatoes 5 Ways
- Todd and Diane, White On Rice Couple: Sweet Potato Molasses Cookies
- Nicole from Pinch My Salt: Cumin-Scented Sweet Potato Hash
- Caroline from The Wright Recipes: Sweet Potato Galette
- Paige at The Sister Project: Sweet Potatoes on the Savory Side
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: 9 Things I Learned From Sweet Potatoes (and a Curry)
More Fall Fest Picks:
- 5 Nontraditional Valentine’s Day Dining Ideas: No Reservations Required!
- Your Weekender Recipe: Ina’s Chocolate Truffles (the Only Valentine’s Day Treat You Need)
- 5 Ways to Eat Chocolate for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Valentine’s Day
- Melt Hearts with Handmade Chocolate Sweets — Comfort Food Feast