- NYWFF Sweet Bash Cake, from Making that Cake, a New York bakery
Saturday’s NYWFF event SWEET, with FN hosts Duff and Sandra, was a dessert-lover’s paradise! New York’s finest pastry masters, from four-star restaurants and obscure-but-amazing bakeries alike, manned 50+ booths in one space, showing off their most tantalizing sweet bites and vying for votes from a mass of mingling tasters.
- Banana Cupcakes from Butter Lane
Butter Lane‘s Mini Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing were irresistible. Try baking Gina Neely or Giada’s versions at home.
- Sandra was signing copies of her new cookbook
Sandra was signing copies of her hot-off-the-press cookbook, Semi Homemade: The Complete Cookbook. Check out a few favorite sample recipes she shared with us.
- The Sea Grill's Vanilla Tapioca Parfaits with Blueberries and Brown Sugar Streusel
The Sea Grill‘s Vanilla Tapioca Parfaits with Blueberries and Brown Sugar Streusel hit all the right comfort-food notes.
- The Ace of Cakes, Duff, along with Guy Fieri
- From Ace of Cakes, Geoff and Mary Alice
Duff and the Ace of Cakes crew were in their element, surrounded by sweets and a crowd of fans. Guy Fieri even dropped by to take a look at Duff’s New York-themed cake.
- Jelly Belly candy gets an upscale makeover
Jelly Belly jelly beans lit up the room, sparkling like sweet little jewels.
- The winning sweet, Pear Upside Down Cake from Clinton St. Baking Co.
And at the end of the night, the winning confection came from Clinton Street Baking Co. and Restaurant, with their season-perfect Warm Pear Upside Down Cake with Pecan Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce. Try this version from Food Network Magazine for a sure crowd-pleaser.