NYWFF: Afternoon with Next Food Network Stars

by in View All Posts, October 12th, 2010
Melissa and Aarti Cooking Demo
A cooking demo with Melissa and Aarti, Photograph by Tom Censani

The New York Wine and Food Festival brought Melissa d’Arabian and Aarti Sequeira, the two newest Next Food Network Star winners, together for an afternoon of cooking demos.

Melissa made fish stew with halibut (see her halibut skewer recipe). Arti talked about dal, a traditional Indian dish – see her recipe.

Indian Dal
Aarti's Everyday Red Lentils

25 Ways to Use Sauerkraut

Oktoberfest in Germany may have ended, but you can keep the celebrations going all month long. Sauerkraut, a traditional German fermented cabbage, isn...

1. G'Ma says:

I don't think Melissa has made a bad recipe yet………You do have to have a stocked pantry, but once you do, then join in. She is great.

2. I watched at first, but then they started making things I would not eat.

3. Sandi Smith says:

I love them both.

4. My husband and I NEVER miss Aarti Party! But, we've only seen two of Melissa's episodes. That's all we could handle. She reminds him of his ex-wife…and that's enough to turn anyone's stomach. LOL

5. Jackie says:

Melissa is on at midnight and Aarti is on while I'm at church st I've never seen either of em.

6. Melissa says:

I enjoy watching Aarti whenever I'm able to, but I haven't been able to get into Melissa's show (even though we have the same name…). She seems kind of jumpy to me.

7. Tammy says:

I like them both, but I don't like their shows being on Sunday morning. I hardly ever get to watch them! I think if the network really wants to launch new stars, they should put them into their Saturday lineup.

8. Michele says:

I'm not a fan of Melissa but I do enjoy Aarti very much. She's bubbly & doesn't have to try to hard

9. christopher says:

Why do people feel the need to state that they do not like a certain FN chef? How is that relevant to the post? Did I mis-read the heading…did it actually say "do you like these 2?" People, NO ONE cares what you think! Am I the only person who remembers thye old adage "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all?" Sheesh, some folks just need to find a better outlet for their 'opinions'….

• brenda says:

I totally agree with you Christopher, people who are mean should just keep their mouths close.
      By the way, I love MELISSA, I never missed an episode when she was a contestant and always wanted her to be the winner, when she won I was sooooooooo excited!!!

10. Susan says:

I love Artie!…Melissa is boring & like a robot!..Us southerners would not eat the foods she cooks!

• luvcookin says:

Yet another over-generalazation. I'm from the south and very much prefer Melissa. She acts like a lady. I do not care for Aarti and much of that is based on the videos she has posted online. They show her true character which is not pretty or lady-like.