Spinach: Giada’s Great Italian Takes by Kirsten Vala in View All Posts, September 22nd, 2010
- Comments (24)
We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Fall Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
In honor of the first day of fall, whip up some comforting everyday Italian dishes from Giada, featuring the earthy goodness of still-fresh spinach. As part of a cheesy topping or pasta mix-in, spinach goes from dreaded health food to savory treat.
Shells with Crispy Pancetta and Spinach
Spinach-stuffed pasta shells make any dinner feel like a special occasion.
More Spinach with Friends and Family:
- Alison at Food2: Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: Paneer With Spinach
- Liz at Healthy Eats: Mini Spinach-Mushroom Quiche
- Food Network UK: Eggs florentine, brunch of champions
- Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple: Tuna and Spinach Bruschetta
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Spinach Egg Breakfast Cups
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Mixed Mushroom Ragout with Herb-Polenta Cake
- Marilyn at Simmer Till Done: Spanakopita Scones
- Gilded Fork: Spicy Artichoke Spinach Dip, and a Dossier on Spinach
- Nicole at Pinch My Salt: Spinach and Sausage Soup
- Caroline at the Wright Recipes: Spinach Rotolo, a rolled ricotta and pasta extravaganza
- Alana at Eating from the Ground Up: Spicy Indian Lentil Soup with Spinach
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Why I plant spinach late, and other tasty tidbits
Summer Fest Picks: