We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
A few cloves (or heads!) of garlic are great for livening up plain chicken dinners. For an explosion of garlicky flavor, add these favorite weeknight wonders to your repertoire.
30-Minute Meal: Garlic Roasted Chicken
Cloves of garlic roast right along with the chicken. Squeezed the sweet, warm garlic out of the skin and spread onto fresh bread for a sensational side.
Marinade Magic: Roasted Garlic Chicken
This chicken hangs out in a mashed garlic mixture for 2 hours or overnight, so all the garlicky goodness sinks in before dinnertime.
40 Cloves: Ina’s Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Ina proves that you can never have too much garlic. The Barefoot Contessa mixes up a secret sauce, with loads of garlic, white wine, Cognac and a touch of heavy cream.
5-Ingredient Fix: Citrus Garlic Chicken
With a few key ingredients and a quick marinade, Claire cooks up a flavorful can’t-miss chicken dinner.
More Garlic with Friends and Family:
- Sara at Food2: Easiest Recipes Ever, Starring Garlic
- Michelle on Cooking Channel: Roasted Garlic
- Liz at Healthy Eats: 5 Reasons to Eat More Garlic
- Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple: Garlic Knots
- Nicole at Pinch My Salt: Spicy Pickled Garlic
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Growing and Storing a Year of Garlic
- Caroline at the Wright Recipes: Ajo Blanco Soup, and Confit Garlic
- The Gilded Fork: Garlic Dossier and Recipes
- Food Network UK: Glorious Garlic
- Paige at The Sister Project: Spaghetti with Garlic and Zucchini
- Alana at Eating from the Group Up: Pickled Garlic
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Double Dose of Garlic-Cuban Black Beans and The Best Pork Ever
Past Summer Fest Picks:
- A Chiles Rellenos Fiesta
- Tyler’s Ultimate Tomato Salads
- Paula’s Perfect Peach Cobbler
- The “Other” Summer Greens
- FN Chefs’ Creamed Corn-Off
- Paula’s Best Zucchini Bread
Join the conversation on twitter at #summerfood.