Everyday Garlic Chicken Greats

by in View All Posts, September 8th, 2010

garlic chicken
Summer FestWe’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.

A few cloves (or heads!) of garlic are great for livening up plain chicken dinners. For an explosion of garlicky flavor, add these favorite weeknight wonders to your repertoire.

30-Minute Meal: Garlic Roasted Chicken
Cloves of garlic roast right along with the chicken. Squeezed the sweet, warm garlic out of the skin and spread onto fresh bread for a sensational side.

Marinade Magic: Roasted Garlic Chicken
This chicken hangs out in a mashed garlic mixture for 2 hours or overnight, so all the garlicky goodness sinks in before dinnertime.

chicken
Roasted Garlic Chicken from Food Network Magazine

40 Cloves: Ina’s Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Ina proves that you can never have too much garlic. The Barefoot Contessa mixes up a secret sauce, with loads of garlic, white wine, Cognac and a touch of heavy cream.

5-Ingredient Fix: Citrus Garlic Chicken
With a few key ingredients and a quick marinade, Claire cooks up a flavorful can’t-miss chicken dinner.

More Garlic with Friends and Family:

Past Summer Fest Picks:

Join the conversation on twitter at #summerfood.

This Bayou Burger is Like Eating New Orleans on a Bun

New Orleans is most definitely known as a foodie city. They have a culinary take that is uniquely their own as anyone who has ever strung together the...

1. I think garlic work beat with chicken and so that's what I did. Just gave it an Indian spin http://bit.ly/ck7C1r

2. Ranjani says:

I really want to try the chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Garlic and chicken really is a great combo!
    This week I made garlic soup with poached eggs: http://4seasonsoffood.blogspot.com/2010/09/garlic

3. Sylvia Jalomo says:

I'm for something quick and delicious—chicken tenders, fresh crushed garlic cloves, olive oil, kosher salt-or your favorite, course black pepper and if you'd like- hot pepper flakes. Add all to a bowl or zip type bag and mix well. Allow to sit (in a cold place!) while the grill heats up. It takes no time at all and it's very versatile-you can make stuffed pitas, tacos, burritos, top a salad with it, put it on/in pasta-one of my favorites- toss into a nice Alfredo Sauce-I make a great low fat version with cashew nut cream blended in for the cream/ milk in the regular sauce… I just don't tell anyone what's in it ( of course-Be SURE that no one eating this is allergic to nuts first!) All time favorite-use it to top grilled pizza!! YUM!

4. Kathleen says:

These recipes you posted sound great. I made some Garlic Chicken too this week for Summer Fest. http://dejavucook.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/garlic

5. Stephanie says:

40 cloves of garlic . . . Can't wait to try it on that chicken!

My contribution to Fall Fest this week is a gentle nudge to plant your own garlic. It's so very easy!

6. Chef Louise says:

Where is Emeril's? He is the garlic king…
    I did-

~ Caberneti Spaghetti Nests with Crispy Egg and Golden Garlic~
    ~Chef Louise

7. Tomas Fagnan says:

Furthermore, i obtained a weblog like this, nevertheless my articles are not too great because your own. keep up the truly amazing work as well as hopefully we'll get to see more content articles such as this. Thank you.

8. Beautifull designThanks, webmaster.

9. Kary Hice says:

Wow, this really is a pretty awesome site..definitely going on my favs list.